What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the debug code is probably being pulled already in areas they consider "cooked". I would suspect some things may be noticeably faster. As they are in RC stages. *just speculation on that, but based on previous os betas years past.

A few builds back I saw a registry hack that allowed to turn on a dark theme for windows. Tried the old way and it doesn't seem to work. Anyone know of a way to do this or did it disappear? Tired of all the white screens...
Did you mean this?
Settings
Personalization
Colors
High contrast settings
Choose a theme

I'm not sure what that means, not locking but bringing you back to the lock screen. What's the difference?

I think they mean when it makes you slide up to get to the desktop vs having to type in password/pin to unlock it (which mine is set to do after 15 minutes).

I'm not sure what that means, not locking but bringing you back to the lock screen. What's the difference?

Means this below

I think they mean when it makes you slide up to get to the desktop vs having to type in password/pin to unlock it (which mine is set to do after 15 minutes).

Exactly, the swipe up screen is the lock screen, but if you dont have it lock or password protect or whatever swipe up just lets you in, same as if it hasn't timed out yet

Mind you it doesn't go to that screen every time

"We also have something for you to try out if you live in the Seattle area. With Windows 10, we are giving people the ability to purchase paid Wi-Fi through the Windows Store via the Microsoft Wi-Fi app."

so the WiFi app itself can connect to the internet while all other stuff is blocked? neat.

Nice, I tried with my finger before, but guess I have fat fingers haha. Just realized when you posted this I could use the touchpad on the type cover. Thanks!

Has anyone managed to do that?
I myself do have some problems resizing windows with my fingers, but after the 2nd or 3rd attempt i've always succeded. Except with the startmenue tried about 5 times and just couldn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back