What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the same issue. Go to device manager, find display adapter and expand it, right click on the generic display driver. Go into it and disable it. Reboot and check for updates and Windows will finally install the Intel driver.

Okay, thanks, but already went back to Win8.1. I'll be waiting until the next stable (Slow ring) build before going back on the SP3.

Okay, thanks, but already went back to Win8.1. I'll be waiting until the next stable (Slow ring) build before going back on the SP3.
Well damn I was too slow, but I might be following you back to Windows 8.1 or at least 10 10074. This build should have never been released.

Well damn I was too slow, but I might be following you back to Windows 8.1 or at least 10 10074. This build should have never been released.

Agreed, 100%. I'm actually surprised this build went out the door acting the way it does on the SP3. It's very good on my desktop, and so I wonder what they did that's causing to many problems on the SP3. Given the upgrade issues, it seems to have something to do with drivers or some such on a very low level.

I'd consider going back to 10074, but I'm not sure there's so much there that's worth doing so at this point. The only things I'm losing by sticking with Win8.1 are the Office Preview apps, which aren't a big deal for me at this point.

Is there a way for a OneDrive folder to show up on the folder tree but be online only? The option was as easy as right clicking it on Windows 8.1, and choosing that option, but can't find it on Windows 10.

Edit: Found the answer. Apparently this option was removed because it confused people...
Yes, it's the worst thing about Windows 10. I'm using a LOT Onedrive with Windows 8.1 and I'm really concerned about this change they made for Windows 10..
Hope they will back step on this...

You guys are rubbish beta testers :p Perseverance, dear my lord, keeps honor bright; to have done, is to hang quite out of fashion, like a rusty nail in monumental mockery

Bit of a sidenote here on MS making things "better".

For years (obviously) I have been happily running Access 2003. It looks good, is fast and does everything I want. For grins today I tried installing Access 2013. Lord, what a piece of CRAP. Slower and uglier. They force you to use this "Navigation Pane" thing on the left side that takes up valuable real estate and is clumsy to use. In addition, even on our glorious screen the words "Navigation Pane" are horribly pixelated. Everything, from running queries to opening forms is slower. So classic MS. They take something that works perfectly well and mess with it until it's broken.

Scary that a 12 year old piece of software runs my database better than something almost new.

Mine doesn't go to sleep either. The screen goes black, but the backlights are still obviously on (can see a bit of ghosting at each side). No way on God's green Earth that I'd trust this thing in a bag.

Okay, it's official: I'm going back to Win8.1 until a much better build is released. And I'm sticking to it this time.

Putting it in a bag was bad news bears. I upgraded to 10122 Thursday night, put it in my bag and took it to work on Friday. I got there and took it out and it was hotter than hell. I guess I need to make sure it's turned off before I put it in my bag and taking it anywhere.

Two simple questions (that i can't solve :p)

1. How do i chance IE to use google as the search engine. I go through the routine, go to http://www.iegallery.com/en-gb/Addons/Details/813 but i cannot click the button, nothing happens. Bing utterly sucks imo and rarely gives me anything but a worthless set of results for my search.

2. can i get file explorer to go straight to "my computer" instead of quick access/recent files. I want to access my hard drive. I couldn't care less about some recently viewed pictures or videos etc. I can add my computer to the start menu (which i do not ever use as have no use for tiles) but there is not an option for pinning it to the taskbar.
You did me Edge and not Internet Explorer?

Putting it in a bag was bad news bears. I upgraded to 10122 Thursday night, put it in my bag and took it to work on Friday. I got there and took it out and it was hotter than hell. I guess I need to make sure it's turned off before I put it in my bag and taking it anywhere.
Yeah, I ran into that twice and never again. Full shutdown before transport. I also have it hibernate after 15 mins on battery as a failsafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back