What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting this error when I try to update; 0x8007003 Failed to install please try later. Any one any ideas as to what the problem may be. I have my surface as a dual boot roughly 50GB for win 10 and 70GB for 8.1
I have downloaded the latest build from the web but that means a fresh install, or there is this fix (top answer)http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...80070003/8badf153-81d8-4d9c-a864-0fa214b8cdc3
I think that is an update that was posted by mistake. Others have mentioned it. Just ignore it. MS is aware.

That may just be a Netflix thing. I get that on all my devices, including Android, occasionally.

This was the first time I ever experienced it. I was using the app and it was real bad, like old school Godzilla bad.

Also, I am now having the wake issue others experienced where I can't get the SP3 to wake from sleep, well likely a deep sleep.

Hi,
its a downloaded magazine in PDF format, on windows 8.1 I could view them at I thought how nice they looked compared to my other tablet, think some of this is due to the screen size, but to my surprize the same mags don't seem to work in Windows 10.
not sure what program Window 8.1 was using , they just loaded, Seem that the PDF files are associated with Reader

******update*****

seem like it's the magazine PDF that are not supported, Its giving me the error " no such interface supported " document type PDF will open.

If it is a PDF file, download Adobe Reader and try to open it using that.

Hmmph. Got home from uni, opened IE, it blinked, and then all my frequent sites vanished from the home page, and now no matter how many times i manually visit them i cant get any sites onto the frequent sites page.

How are the 10.18.15.4098 (11/19/2015) drivers working for everyone? I did a quick check and video seems to be working correctly in IE, Netflix, and Xbox Video.

How are the 10.18.15.4098 (11/19/2015) drivers working for everyone? I did a quick check and video seems to be working correctly in IE, Netflix, and Xbox Video.

Almost all my problems with video playing in IE11 were solved. And the Bing website doesn't crash my IE11 session anymore.
Youtube is running at 2-4% of CPU, smooth and keeps the fan quiet.
I still have to try if the new driver fixed the Skype Web Plugin issue and figure out if the line breakers are gone when messaging with Hangouts on the gmail webpage.

The only one remaining issue is with netflix.com. It still doesn't work. But the app works fine.

Well couldn't resist trying the new video drivers. Yes they seem quite smooth and silent. Also, I am able to turn down gamma to an acceptable level use the Control Panel>Display>Calibrate Color settings so the HD Control Panel will no longer be required. I ignored their recommended gamma settings and just cranked it all the way down which is just about perfect.

The keyboard input lag I was getting in browsers also seems to be alleviated. Looks like a quality driver, thank god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back