What's new

Which surface for Photoshop CC

mragans23

I am looking to buy a Surface Pro 3, which one will work with Photoshop CC? 1.5- 128GB, will this one work?

Thank You

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sure it will work. And the 8gb i5 will work even better, and the 8gb i7 even better than that.

It really depends on what you plan to use this for regarding photoshop, and your financial constraints. For example if it is just for home use, then you'll get by with the 4gb i5 model, and if you are looking at getting this for business purposes, then it makes sense to invest money into your business, which the increased productivity of the more powerful machines should theoretically offset :)

OP
M

mragans23

I really want it for my own personal pictures. I used to have a photography business and still do it some for my close clients but more than anything just want to be able to create invitations for my kids parties, edit their pictures, ect.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Microsoft Store currently has the i5 8GB/256GB at $150 off. No special discount on the 4GB/128BG so you'd only pay 150 more for the 8GB/256GB. Assuming US market, IDK about other countries.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really want it for my own personal pictures. I used to have a photography business and still do it some for my close clients but more than anything just want to be able to create invitations for my kids parties, edit their pictures, ect.
Id think the i5 4GB/128GB would be fine for that. So spending an extra $150 for no reason may not be justified unless you "want" it. :) That would be like buying an Apple product.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member

The 4gb i5 should handle that without much of an issue. Greyfox makes a good point about the current offer though. When I bought mine i'd have happily paid an extra £150 for the extra storage (don't fool yourself, 128gb will get used up pretty easily, although you can use micro sd and usb hard drives etc), but did not want to also have to pay an extra £150 for the extra ram on top of that.

JoshB

I would so go for the 8gb i5. Having more ram is never a bad thing. Especially with the discount Greyfox mentioned right now.