What's new

Can the SP3 i3 64GB run Adobe CC?

peruna96

Can the SP3 i3 64GB run Adobe CC (mainly Photoshop and Illustrator)?

I want to spend the least amount necessary to draw/design, while I travel.

I am trying to decide whether to just upgrade to an iPad Air 2 and use Adobe's apps, upload and work on my desktop at home OR purchase the SP3 i3.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance

MartyB

Can the SP3 i3 64GB run Adobe CC (mainly Photoshop and Illustrator)?

I want to spend the least amount necessary to draw/design, while I travel.

I am trying to decide whether to just upgrade to an iPad Air 2 and use Adobe's apps, upload and work on my desktop at home OR purchase the SP3 i3.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance

I run CC on mine. Not having any issues. I'm using Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign, all 64 bit.

OP
P

peruna96

MartyB,

Thanks for the info.

With your SP3 i3, are you using Photoshop with 1-2 other apps side by side and switch between them seamlessly?

Just curious if Photoshop is pushing the limits.

Thanks again!

MartyB

MartyB,

Thanks for the info.

With your SP3 i3, are you using Photoshop with 1-2 other apps side by side and switch between them seamlessly?

Just curious if Photoshop is pushing the limits.

Thanks again!

I can do that. It's not usually how I get things done -- that happens more with InDesign-- but it works just fine. The most popular i5 models have the same amount of RAM as this one.

What I would say is that this machine allows you to get real work done on the go -- and having the pen is a really neat feature for illustrator and photoshop -- in a way that few machines can best. There are scenarios where you'll want to use your desktop, but this machine is perfectly capable. There is a speed difference between the i5 and the i3, but for me personally I do not actually need the extra speed for what I do on the go and when I really need computing power, I'd head for the desktop anyway. The i3 works just fine, stays cool and quiet.