What's new

Print Screen - Really annoying

Alex_SP3

I have NEVER been able to do a Print Screen using the windows + volume down the first time. It takes several times before it finally does it. I even have screen prints with the volume bar in them. This is without a keyboard.

Am I the ONLY ONE?

What's the scoop?

AAARRRGGG!

I have NEVER been able to do a Print Screen using the windows + volume down the first time. It takes several times before it finally does it. I even have screen prints with the volume bar in them. This is without a keyboard.

Am I the ONLY ONE?

What's the scoop?

AAARRRGGG!

Here are some alternatives including your method:
Fn + Spacebar goes to clipboard

Fn + Windows Key + Spacebar goes to Screenshots Picture folder
*make sure you follow the order sequence

Windows Logo (on the screen border Bevel) + Down volume button goes to Screenshots folder

Here are some alternatives including your method:
Fn + Spacebar goes to clipboard

Fn + Windows Key + Spacebar goes to Screenshots Picture folder
*make sure you follow the order sequence

Windows Logo (on the screen border Bevel) + Down volume button goes to Screenshots folder

Thank you for your response.

I am specifically asking about a non-keyboard issue.

How to take a screenshot on your Surface

Method 1: Press and hold the Windows button, and press down on the lower volume button on the side of your Surface. Your screen will dim a little for a moment when you do this. (this saves to \Pictures\Screenshots)

Method 2: Double-press the pen top button. (this will import it directly to OneNote)

Method 3: On the keyboard, press Fn + Win + SpaceBar. (this also saves to \Pictures\Screenshots)

Method 4: Swipe left to open Charms -> Share. Click the tiny down arrow and tap "Screenshot". (this will further prompt you where you want to share it to, i.e. mail, paint, facebook, etc..)

Well, not for me. Good for you though!

You're right dude, I reckon it works 1 in 3 times for me...

Not the biggest issue in the world but a little frustrating! It probably is a 'user error' but they should make it so that's harder to fault!

Latest posts

Back