What's new

OneNote Doubleclick Pen Screen Capture Question

tuchas

While the pen double click to take a screen capture is really cool, I was wondering if there was a way to capture a screen and have OneNote automatically place the screen print in an EXISTING page, rather than creating a page with every new screen capture. Sometimes I may sit in on a webex and I want to capture multiple screens and place them in the same page. Right now I'm having to cut and paste the screen shots from all these pages into one page. It gets cumbersome because I have to cut and paste quickly if I want to jot down notes, and when I'm done, I have about 25 blank OneNote pages to delete.

Any suggestions??? Thanks!

nortwich

Use Desktop OneNote>Insert>Screen Clipping. Or use MS Snipping Tool. After the screen cap, paste it in your OneNote tab.

unruledboy

I updated to latest firmware and all other system changes, still no double-click screen capture, any idea?

EcoGuy137

I had to update from within desktop onenote for double click to work.

file - account - update options - update now

That gave me the option under advanced settings to make the desktop version my default onenote as well, which i wanted.

I also wish there was an option to have double click insert clipping to the 'current note.' you can also keep the 'send to onenote' helper app start with the desktop version and stay on your taskbar - you can copy from it too after clipping.

Liam2349

I had to update from within desktop onenote for double click to work.

file - account - update options - update now

That gave me the option under advanced settings to make the desktop version my default onenote as well, which i wanted.

I also wish there was an option to have double click insert clipping to the 'current note.' you can also keep the 'send to onenote' helper app start with the desktop version and stay on your taskbar - you can copy from it too after clipping.

Clipping to current note would be nice. How do you actually change which note it clips to?