What's new

Solved battery charging

What did you use to charge it with, a 1 amp charger? I'm overwhelmed by all the details. ;)

using the Microsoft oem charger that came with my surface 3
the pretty micro USB cord lights up when connected but the battery indicator indicates not charging
I have suspected the micro USB connection is getting loose.. this is a 3 month out surface 3
I have disconnected the keyboard but I see no difference in faster charging
I have shut down surface completely and then charged and it takes 12 hours to charge

battery drops even though I am plugged in and brightness is at 25% i seem to get 4 hours

I would have thought plugged in would maintain the charge but NO the battery still drops to zero in 4 hours.

So feels like heavy battery drain.. maybe something is sucking my battery down

Install Battery Bar it will show charge or discharge rates in mw.
Sitting idle a Surface 3 will discharge at about 2000 +/- mw plugged into the charger it should charge at about 6600 mw but could vary 2000 mw. Running a benchmark test it will burn 8900 mw on battery.

You may have a charger problem but the numbers from Battery Bar should help determine where then problem is.

Do you have any other USB chargers that are rated at 2-2.5A 10-12W?

Ok after test 3 micro USB cords it turned out to be the cord.
Now the tablet indicates charging

Takes ? 5 hours to charge.

Never thought I would have 2 bad cables in a row
Ms charger works fine

Ok after test 3 micro USB cords it turned out to be the cord.
Now the tablet indicates charging

Takes ? 5 hours to charge.

Never thought I would have 2 bad cables in a row
Ms charger works fine

Why do you say 2 bad cables in a row? 5 hours is about right for charging the S3

I switched my original ms charging cable with another of my own generic cables and it did not work
Then I switched that cable for yet another and low and behold it did work. So during the process of elimination I would have never guessed I could have my second charging cable not work... good thing I tried a 3rd.

Latest posts

Back