What's new

Add the Bluetooth Device Pairing Shortcut and Tile You Really Need- Windows 8 and 8.1

Btwin

sharpcolorado,

What a great shortcut. I've been looking all over the web trying to figure out how to make a shortcut like you have done. Thanks so much!! Do you think it would be possible to make a batch file / shortcut for Win 8.1 that would open up Airplane mode, to the screen where you have the option to turn on or off Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. You get to that screen from the Start Screen, Settings, Change PC Settings, Network, Airplane mode. It then opens up a single screen with both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on/off switches on the same screen. Thanks!

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
sharpcolorado,
What a great shortcut. ... Do you think it would be possible to make a batch file / shortcut for Win 8.1 that would open up Airplane mode, to the screen where you have the option to turn on or off Wi-Fi or Bluetooth... !

Btwin, I posted a way to add a shortcut for the Airplane Mode and WiFi. Not precisely what you asked for, but between the two shortcuts, I think it does what you need. I will keep thinking... ;)

Check out http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/...cut-tile-you-really-need-windows-8-8-1-a.html

Btwin

sharpcolorado,

Hey, the shortcut to Airplane mode and Connections is really great. Wish I had the ability to figure this stuff out like you. I just thought having a shortcut that went to one screen for both Bluetooth and WiFi would be the utmost in convenience for being able to quickly turn Bluetooth or WiFi on or off. Thanks Again!

SpeedStar

Nice one, thanks a lot. However, your code for the PC-Settings Menu has "Forum formating strings" in it.
You have to delete the
Code:
"[COLOR="#B22222"][B]" and "[/B][/COLOR]"
or it will not work. ;)

xbliss

Was just looking to find a single click or quick way to enable/ disable BT.. Hmm.. Wish there was something better in System Tray

xbliss

It takes two clicks With Windows 10: 1 - Click to open Notifications, 2 - Click Bluetooth tile.
Still do not trust Win 10.. more key.. dont like losing control to MS/ Win 10.. and see now major features to make me want to jump.

Got something similar or a hack on Win 8.1?

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
This thread is obsolete. Windows 8 is also obsolete.

The Bluetooth shortcut now can be made to appear on the bottom-right of the Taskbar. (Right-click Taskbar, Taskbar Settings, Choose which icons appear on the Taskbar).

After this Bluetooth icon shows on the Taskbar, a single click on it will show connected devices, and provide options to manage them.

Likewise, a single cluck on the WiFi icon at the bottom right of the taskbar allows for managing networks.

xbliss

Some of us choose to avoid Win 10 for now -
EOL for Win 8.1 January 10, 2023

This thread is obsolete. Windows 8 is also obsolete.

The Bluetooth shortcut now can be made to appear on the bottom-right of the Taskbar. (Right-click Taskbar, Taskbar Settings, Choose which icons appear on the Taskbar).

After this Bluetooth icon shows on the Taskbar, a single click on it will show connected devices, and provide options to manage them.

Likewise, a single cluck on the WiFi icon at the bottom right of the taskbar allows for managing networks.

Is this BT stuff you mention about Win 8 or 10?