What's new

Add GodMode to Your Surface Running Windows 8 or 8.1

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
If you haven't heard of GodMode, then today is your lucky day.

Add GodMode to your Surface (or any Windows 7 or Windows 8.X installation) to put a menu of hardware, software, and administration settings at your fingertips.
Here's how to do it: Click Add GodMode

You can right-click on any of these items to create a shortcut on your desktop, if there is a function you find useful often (such as Bluetooth access, Pen our Touch functions, or sound options).

And here is my desktop with GodMode highlighted, so you see what to expect. By the way, I did the 8.1 upgrade, and everything works. Apps did not have to be re-downloaded, and all settings are good. I'v also included a pic of GodMode running, and also one of my Start screen (Metro or Modern).

Note the handy "Power" always-ready charm on the Start screen with Windows 8.1 .

Enjoy!

GodMode_on_Surface.jpg

GodMode_on_Surface_Running.jpg

GodMode_on_Start.jpg

Here is one entry on the Pen and Touch menu of GodMode:
Screenshot (6).png

Last edited:

Dim-Ize

Thanks. But, aren't all of these settings already available?

Edit: sorry. You wrote Surface not Surface Pro in the title. My gap.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, all these settings are available. But not from one menu. Many threads on this forum ask, "How do I set...", or "Where is the setting for...", or "How do I turn off...". This tool is a Microsoft utility, not widely advertised.

toaf

but it doesn't give me the BFG.. . . the funky things people find. thanks it's a fun one