What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think MS is going to change the 8.1 but luckily we all get to upgrade to Windows 10 for free.

The camera focus problem is in the hardware. It can't get fixed on the SP3.

Hey guys, I want to install the windows 10 technical preview to start upgrading my apps. Is 10 tech preview stable enough to use as primary system? I'm now down to just 1 device, my sp3, for everything. So, I can't mess this up.

I don't think MS is going to change the 8.1 but luckily we all get to upgrade to Windows 10 for free.

The camera focus problem is in the hardware. It can't get fixed on the SP3.

I told MS Surface support and they asked me to send it which will replace by new one what I'm afraid about that they will not accept that as problem, what do u think ?

Hey guys, I want to install the windows 10 technical preview to start upgrading my apps. Is 10 tech preview stable enough to use as primary system? I'm now down to just 1 device, my sp3, for everything. So, I can't mess this up.
Many of us are.....but it is still a preview. You WILL experience crashes, but they are few and far between on this build.

Another day at work: coding a lot (a few coding programs compiling and running simultaneously), listening to Spotify, IE 11 always running to check my licences and Outlook open to check my emails.

Continuously using more than 50% of RAM (SP3 i5-256).

Zero issue. Again.

No fan, no heat, no stupid "Host Process for Setting Synchronization" randomly waking up and no "Windows Shell Experience Host" going crazy when I use a second screen.

This build is very good.

Last edited:
I always found this an issue. And as such i just moved the taskbar to the top. Have absolutely no issue using it this way, only took a day or so to adapt and actually prefer it. Only drawback is you can't swipe to close MUI apps.

I am actually using this option. It is very hard to get used to it. It's like my world is conveniently upside down. My five neurons are struggling a lot :D

The recurring issue I'm having with this build is the mouse cursor freezing while browsing the web. Also random fan spin-ups - not as bad as before but worse than 8.1. Website performance with all major browsers feels a bit more dodgy in general than 8.1.

Does anyone have some Problems with a Surface3 not waking up from sleep? sometimes when i press the power button and put my tablet away for a few hours, when i take it again and press power button the screen stays black. The windwos button does respond (vibrate) but screen stays black. Pressing power button for 10 seconds to reboot helps awlays.
Anyone has the same or might this be an issue from me booting from a .vhdx and not a native partition?

https://channel9.msdn.com/Series/Developers-Guide-to-Windows-10-Preview/07
New API called Ink Canvas, basically it brings the power of Desktop OneNote to any application... including games.

That's gonna be huge on windos phone!
On my PC i still prefer One note Screenshot function, as you have the data all together.
Yet the vector drawings are quite nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back