What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have some Problems with a Surface3 not waking up from sleep? sometimes when i press the power button and put my tablet away for a few hours, when i take it again and press power button the screen stays black. The windwos button does respond (vibrate) but screen stays black. Pressing power button for 10 seconds to reboot helps awlays.
Anyone has the same or might this be an issue from me booting from a .vhdx and not a native partition?

That's gonna be huge on windos phone!
On my PC i still prefer One note Screenshot function, as you have the data all together.
Yet the vector drawings are quite nice.

I often experience this. However i experienced it under 8.1 as well as 10. I also find that even after a hard shutdown, i find myself playing around with the power button before i can get it to boot. Sometimes all it takes is one press, other times that does nothing and i have to hold for a second, then next time it's back to working after a quick press. Another time i might have to wait for 20 seconds following the shut down before the power button will do anything.

I often experience this. However i experienced it under 8.1 as well as 10. I also find that even after a hard shutdown, i find myself playing around with the power button before i can get it to boot. Sometimes all it takes is one press, other times that does nothing and i have to hold for a second, then next time it's back to working after a quick press. Another time i might have to wait for 20 seconds following the shut down before the power button will do anything.

Unfortunately I still experience the same issues on the new build 10041. Last build I remember doing some command line option which helped but now this issue has returned which I thought power settings would be preserved. I checked the settings in Power & sleep, which is really the same when you go into Additional power settings. No change for when plugged in.

+1

The recurring issue I'm having with this build is the mouse cursor freezing while browsing the web. Also random fan spin-ups - not as bad as before but worse than 8.1. Website performance with all major browsers feels a bit more dodgy in general than 8.1.

+1 on the cursor freeze-up in the browser, but browser responsiveness feels about the same from 8.1 to Win10 9926 to 10041. However, I pretty much use Waterfox in desktop mode exclusively.

On the fan I'm still running SpeedFan so I'm virtually silent all the time short of major, prolonged disk I/O.

Unfortunately I still experience the same issues on the new build 10041. Last build I remember doing some command line option which helped but now this issue has returned which I thought power settings would be preserved. I checked the settings in Power & sleep, which is really the same when you go into Additional power settings. No change for when plugged in.

+2

Now that this has been posted, this is going to be a game changer:

https://channel9.msdn.com/Series/Developers-Guide-to-Windows-10-Preview/07

New API called Ink Canvas, basically it brings the power of Desktop OneNote to any application... including games.

I thought this would really be powerful to be able to do but after watching the video, I came away with no idea how to implement this new option. I saw where Colorado inked right on the desktop & was wondering how in the heck he did this. Could any of you explain how to use this new inking feature where you can overlay a clear ink canvas over anything you have on the screen. I WANT INK.

Did my first hard reset this morning for the first time in weeks. Sometimes when the screen display goes blank it does NOT want to wake up. Didn't have this problem on 9926 as severely as I did on Win 8.1. Will now be paying attention to how often 10041 does it.

I've come across two problems with 10041.
With the Start Menu, if I select "All Apps" and start to scroll down, it freezes part way and shuts off. If I page down, it works. After I page down, I can scroll with no problems. Odd.

Also, the mic on my Logitech headset got it's volume reduced. I cranked it up in the mic settings but it's still not good.

Anybody see anything similar?

I thought this would really be powerful to be able to do but after watching the video, I came away with no idea how to implement this new option. I saw where Colorado inked right on the desktop & was wondering how in the heck he did this. Could any of you explain how to use this new inking feature where you can overlay a clear ink canvas over anything you have on the screen. I WANT INK.
It is not in this current build, basically the InkCanvas API needs to be invoked within the application. So and App could be written as an overlay to the Desktop (like the old XP Power Toy called Ink Desktop).

With the Start Menu, if I select "All Apps" and start to scroll down, it freezes part way and shuts off. If I page down, it works. After I page down, I can scroll with no problems. Odd.

Also, the mic on my Logitech headset got it's volume reduced. I cranked it up in the mic settings but it's still not good.

Sorry....not seeing the Start Screen bug, I don't use a headset...

I don't see the Start menu problem...scrolling down after selecting All apps works for me. I use a different headset but again no issues with mic and volume adjustment.

I don't see the Start menu problem...scrolling down after selecting All apps works for me. I use a different headset but again no issues with mic and volume adjustment.
Works for me too. Not that it proves anything ... However, I had a strange problem. The touch screen stopped responding to gestures and finger clicks. Pen clicks worked though. A reboot fixed the problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back