What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downgraded back to Windows 8.1 and now have an issue getting my old MUI OneNote back. I had to uninstall the preview build and when I try to install OneNote, I get a purchase error. Anyone have any ideas how I can get MUI OneNote? Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot (14).png
    Screenshot (14).png
    274.2 KB · Views: 429
They don't include the HD Control Panel because of its TSR that has a negative impact on Battery Life and ifgx.sys has a stability issues as well....

I downgraded back to Windows 8.1 and now have an issue getting my old MUI OneNote back. I had to uninstall the preview build and when I try to install OneNote, I get a purchase error. Anyone have any ideas how I can get MUI OneNote? Thanks

Sorry, I can't help. I never got the new one...

When you go back to 8.1 you have to disconnect from your Microsoft Account, restart then reconnect.

They don't include the HD Control Panel because of its TSR that has a negative impact on Battery Life and ifgx.sys has a stability issues as well....
I'm not buyin it on the battery life and its always been rock solid for me. What does it do reduce my battery life by 20 minutes? If they are going to exclude it at least give us some control over color and gamma. I mean hell, Intel thinks its good enough for everyone else but not SP3? And since when did unstable drivers bother MS?

I think its just more MS being too clever by half. Remember, this is the company that thought Windows RT was a brilliant idea.

Last edited:
I'm not buyin it on the battery life and its always been rock solid for me. What does it do reduce my battery life by 20 minutes? If they are going to exclude it at least give us some control over color and gamma. I mean hell, Intel thinks its good enough for everyone else but not SP3? And since when did unstable drivers bother MS?

I think its just more MS being too clever by half. Remember, this is the company that thought Windows RT was a brilliant idea.
Actually few of the Ultrabook class machines include it, even 20 minutes is significant for those who use it on battery for the better part of the workday. What I've heard from the Engineering Team is more like 15-20% in battery savings a much fewer driver hangs.

Because i can dial down the gamma to get OLED like inky blacks. Makes all the difference.
If you download process monitor, you should be able to determine the entries it's writing into the registry when you're making an adjustment. From there, you can export them and re-import them after going with an MS 'approved' driver.

We're doing practically the same thing regarding setting custom resolutions to avoid the terribad resolution scaling.

PM me if you want help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back