What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my case it did install the firmware update. Driver seems better. It works with YouTube and Netflix now, but it is running hotter than on the August one.

Huh, yours installed? Weird. Mine just gives an error and shows that and build 9933 if I try again.

I haven't noticed mine is any hotter with these drivers. No cooler, though. Fan running at about the same clip. Right now, it's "Host Process for Setting Synchronization" is taking up the CPU, as it has been off and on.

Yes my is now running cooler. Performance in some games is slightly better than August driver. Don't know if it is on par with latest windows 8.1 driver. Check update history, you might find that the firmware update actually succeeded

Yes my is now running cooler. Performance in some games is slightly better than August driver. Don't know if it is on par with latest windows 8.1 driver. Check update history, you might find that the firmware update actually succeeded

Nope, the firmware update won't install. Tried again, now have six unsuccessful tries listed. Grrr, to say the least.

Edit: Of course, it's not a "firmware" update, it's a hardware update date 1/27/2015.

Edit 2: Oh, and mine is now running much cooler with the new driver as well. Perfectly silent at the moment, first time since installing Windows 10, I think.

Last edited:
But isn't that what MS is doing? Giving us the option? I use my SP3 docked and driving an external monitor, keyboard, mouse as much as I use my SP3 as a tablet. I skipped all the builds prior to 9926 because I was waiting on Continuum. Speaking for myself – I can’t think of anything better than my SP3 acting more as a desktop while docked (which means no full screen MUI apps, or least the option not to) and then having all those windowed MUI apps going full screen when I’m laid out on the couch in “tablet mode.”

I used Win8/8.1 in the dock just as much if not more and never had any issues doing so. I don't think anyone is saying that they haven't made improvements to the interface from the perspective of desktop functionality. But tell me, what "improvements" are there in the current version's "tablet mode" over the MUI experience in 8/8.1? Esoteric at best and very subjective improvements are all I can come up with. Full screen MUI apps are NOT full screen anymore. If the taskbar is there...it's not "full screen". They're only glorified "force maximized" windows.... If they made the MUI apps act in "tablet mode" just as they did previously in Win8/8.1...I'd be a happy camper, but that's not the case thus far.

Seems that with this driver and the hardware update they finally got it right!!!

Yeah, yeah, rub it in about the hardware update. :) Really do wonder why I can't install it.

Anybody found any info on the update re: what it actually does?

Really do wonder why I can't install it.

From the Insider Hub:

Insider Hub said:
KB3035129 included a code change which unintentionally had the side effect of changing targeting for builds, allowing builds that are exclusive to Microsoft employees to appear available. No new builds are available which are newer than 9926 at this point. We will issue another update shortly to correct the issue and ensure that Windows Insiders are able to successfully get the next build which is made available to you. We apologize for the confusion and thank you for your continued participation and feedback.

So apparently the new Intel driver is version 10.18.15.4098

Youtube and Bing work like a charm and IE finally knows how to keep the CPU cool. Nonetheless, Netflix on IE11 still doesn't work.

What's the number of the update you are speaking about @wynand32 ?

Edit: despite Netflix, this update has solved all my problems in IE11. Working perfectly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back