What's new

Waiting for SP3...

Last year when I got a Surface (US) it was shipped overnight. I got a tracking number one day it arrived the next (Launch day). Hoping you all get the same. however, to pull that off it had to be prearranged and the carrier had them staged at final destinations so they could all go out for delivery on launch day. That might be why you get the 3-5 day story from underlings that don't know the whole plan. It's also not likely anything anyone wants to advertise... that there is a pile of new tablets at every shipper location or wherever they are being held lest someone gets some spoiler ideas.

I didn't pre order my SP3, just waited until after launch...

Last year when I got a Surface (US) it was shipped overnight. I got a tracking number one day it arrived the next (Launch day). Hoping you all get the same. however, to pull that off it had to be prearranged and the carrier had them staged at final destinations so they could all go out for delivery on launch day. That might be why you get the 3-5 day story from underlings that don't know the whole plan. It's also not likely anything anyone wants to advertise... that there is a pile of new tablets at every shipper location or wherever they are being held lest someone gets some spoiler ideas.

I didn't pre order my SP3, just waited until after launch...

Oh, i don't doubt that the 3-5 day is juts a security measure should something go wrong and a customer gets stroppy, but it's not some underling telling us 3-5 days, its the online store telling us 3-5 days. I fully expect to receive mine tomorrow regardless of what paypal or my email are telling me.

And this is the UK, i'm not really aware of any couriers who take upto 3 days let alone 5, it's rarely been the case that even second class doesn't arrive next day. And through experience with amazon, it seems that when you select 3-5 day, the reality is that shipping takes the same time as normal services, the difference is the seller sits on their arse for a day or two before dispatching it.

Oh and also, the guy I spoke to earlier said Microsoft Complete will be 150 pounds. If so, that's a horrific exchange rate.

Oh and also, the guy I spoke to earlier said Microsoft Complete will be 150 pounds. If so, that's a horrific exchange rate.

Always the way though. I'm never surprised when we get utterly shafted for price.

Just looked on John Lewis. Very compelling, but alas i've already ordered. 3 year warranty for free, plus 3 years added care for only £85. Plus they are known for price matching pretty much anything you can find elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back