What's new

Two latest firmware updates?

Turbo4AWD

Now I'm getting Windows 10 20H2 update. Doesn't seem like an optional update, but since it's not requiring me to install it, it does feel like they want me to "guinea pig" it. Not sure I want to test it out.
1603240757103.png

Turbo4AWD

Looked it up and the update was really just a Registry change to enable updates that were hibernating in my Surface Pro 6 since the last update I installed. Basically flipping a switch to enable the features of an update I had already downloaded a while ago.

Regardless, feels fast and smooth. Can't believe it's feeling faster after yet another update. I thought it was as fast as it could get already. I'm impressed. Gonna see if I notice any other changes over time.

OP
W

wpcoe

Now I'm getting Windows 10 20H2 update. Doesn't seem like an optional update, but since it's not requiring me to install it, it does feel like they want me to "guinea pig" it. Not sure I want to test it out.
Looked it up and the update was really just a Registry change to enable updates that were hibernating in my Surface Pro 6 since the last update I installed. Basically flipping a switch to enable the features of an update I had already downloaded a while ago.

Regardless, feels fast and smooth. Can't believe it's feeling faster after yet another update. I thought it was as fast as it could get already. I'm impressed. Gonna see if I notice any other changes over time.
I don't show that update either as currently available or as already installed in history. Do you have an associated KB number for it?

Turbo4AWD

I don't show that update either as currently available or as already installed in history. Do you have an associated KB number for it?

KB4562830. I didn't post it before because, as you saw in the screenshot, it was not showing up anywhere on the PC. I pulled the KB number from the web.