What's new

May 14th Firmware update

emolat

The update of the speaker/audio-system on the rt seems to be a complete mess for me. Yes it's loud, but the quality is .... and when i'm watching yt-videos the audio completely turns silent on scenes with a low volume.

Yes, I went for testing this as soon as the update was loaded, not impressed. It seems to me that there is no real change in volumem from50-60 to 100. Only a change in quality, for the worse..
I agree that the volume output is lower than many of us would like, but the quality was good before. Stereo separation Is amazing in my opinion, compared to the iPad and Galaxy tab.
The speakers are small and output would be limited. I think both users and MS should accept this and concentrate on improving this for the V2, instead of trying to create miracles.

Lonney McD

I have found that this update alone seems to have broken Sketchbook Pro 6; when I do a system restore to a point before this update, it runs fine, after installing just the firmware update, it now crashes on load.

On a side-note, Bluestacks seems to have stopped working at least a few days back, but the system restore did not seem to help it come back to life.

sszyszka

This update also breaks X-Rite's i1 Profiler and Sculptris. Sculptris just doesn't do anything, not even a load screen. i1 makes it to the splash screen but Windows shuts it down once it begins loading the interface. Pre-update everything works great.

Last edited:

TagsxA

On a side-note, Bluestacks seems to have stopped working at least a few days back, but the system restore did not seem to help it come back to life.

It's a bit of a pain, but if you roll back the graphics driver, bluestacks will work again. It seems as though you have to redo this if you reboot...