What's new

Surface Pro 7+ vs Surface Pro 8?

Turbo4AWD

Has anyone been getting blue screens? I believe Windows 11 has done that to both my devices.
I've been getting Blue Screens on my work and personal devices in Windows 10 pretty frequently. I don't think Windows 11 has anything to do with it. In fact, my Gaming Laptop has had ZERO blue screens so far, but I am still in week one of having installed it so I expect Blue Screens in the future for sure.

OP
W

wpcoe

The reason you don't want to use Chrome is Google. Eventually, people will wise up, and privacy matters.

What browser do you use/recommend? For desktop? SP?

I use Vivaldi, which is a Chromium-based browser like Google Chrome, but without all the Google privacy concerns.

Wait, so because Microsoft Edge is now based off of Chromium, there are privacy concerns with it too???
I was replying to @DavidZ with my preferred alternative to Google Chrome: Vivaldi.

FYI, I personally don't like Edge because it tries a little too hard to lock everything into Bing.

vsherry

I've been getting Blue Screens on my work and personal devices in Windows 10 pretty frequently. I don't think Windows 11 has anything to do with it. In fact, my Gaming Laptop has had ZERO blue screens so far, but I am still in week one of having installed it so I expect Blue Screens in the future for sure.

The problem has been resolved, but notably it didn't happen to one device until Windows 11 was installed. Was never a problem in Windows 10. Even Microsoft believed a Windows 11 update was behind the Surface Pro 8 blue screens.