What's new

Solved Surface Pro 4 Screen Lift

Mark Carter

Recently I noticed that the glass screen on my Surface Pro 4 had lifted out of the bottom quadrant of its case. I had been working outside on a hot day (90 degrees F). The side of the screen facing the case seemed to have residual glue on it. I took the computer into a cooler environment and placed a stack of books on it to try and reseal it, to no avail.

Microsoft service was no help as my warranty expired.

It is not affecting the function of the system but it opens the door for reduced cooling and foreign matter intrusion. I have looked for an adhesive or epoxy to seal it but I am concerned that I could compound the problem. Are there any ideas how I might fix this problem?

visceo

This could be quite dangerous. Seems like the battery may have swelled up from getting too hot. Problem with it no longer being flat you might have other issues down the line as the screen may have added stress from the uneven surface below.

OP
M

Mark Carter

Following up this topic, yes it was a battery issue. I took my Surface Pro 4 to my local Microsoft store to assess the situation. The representative was very concerned that it might explode. He replaced my Pro 4 right then and there. This is something that the online Microsoft support did not address. Further, the Microsoft warranty system was in error. I did have an additional two years of support. While the store did a great job, online services did not.

Seepersaud

I am having the same problem. Noticed last evening that the glass screen has lifted. I am in Jamaica and not sure what to do.

wynand32

Following up this topic, yes it was a battery issue. I took my Surface Pro 4 to my local Microsoft store to assess the situation. The representative was very concerned that it might explode. He replaced my Pro 4 right then and there. This is something that the online Microsoft support did not address. Further, the Microsoft warranty system was in error. I did have an additional two years of support. While the store did a great job, online services did not.

Out of curiosity, how did you have an additional two years of support?