What's new

many problems with new surface pro 4

alexd88

it is very stable on it stay in lap or on table i wanted to know if it is a problem with the kick stand, i looked very carefull and both hinges are moving symmetric. i observed from the 3 day of use first 2 days i was very exting of my surface and concerned as same time with driver issue but afer 4 days of use no one single driver crush, i don t use cortana and windows hello and i use chrome for browser and also the keyboard is not yet in my possesion (on 1 december will arrive i bought it from us, and the surface from france with 2 years warranty - the keyboard from france has another order of buttoms i like the us international version).
Thx for the replay

That is normal. It did that on my SP3 at certain angles too. Probably a bit more on yours than mine and it's more noticeable at almost fully opened and for sure at fully opened. There will always be a little play or slack when opened. If it bothers you that much, get another. You won't find one exactly perfectly tight though.

Really? All three of my SP3s and now my SP4 have been really tight at all angles. That being said, on the lapability part, they still dig into my thighs so I use a Belkin Cushdesk at home in my recliner or downstairs on the couch (have two) and the hotel ice box tray on the road if they don't have a pad (Marriotts do).

EMINENT

Really? All three of my SP3s and now my SP4 have been really tight at all angles. That being said, on the lapability part, they still dig into my thighs so I use a Belkin Cushdesk at home in my recliner or downstairs on the couch (have two) and the hotel ice box tray on the road if they don't have a pad (Marriotts do).

Can you make a video? Open it fully the farthest it'll go and show that there is no play.

Carolv

That is normal. It did that on my SP3 at certain angles too. Probably a bit more on yours than mine and it's more noticeable at almost fully opened and for sure at fully opened. There will always be a little play or slack when opened. If it bothers you that much, get another. You won't find one exactly perfectly tight though.

Mine has some play in it also, but more so on the close side. The more I open it the tighter it seems.

OP
S

saidgta

I'm trying to dowbload recovery image, but microsoft site is very slow...
My download speed is 70kb/s !!!!!
I tried 10 times and got error...

Shame to you Microsoft... after 4 replacement sp3 and sp4, i have many problems again... i really hate microsoft and surface now...

alexd88

i talked with surface suport abouth that movement, at first time they proposed me a change and they looked at the movie and at a surface pro 4 and that had the same movement. I hope it won t get worse and the hinge wont lose, i will be very carreful with it next week and wach it very close.

OP
S

saidgta

Have any one a direct link for downloading surface pro 4 recovery image? The speed of microsoft download link in my country is very slow...
I really need help... my surface died...

OP
S

saidgta

Can any one download the image with good download speed and upload on my host with direct link?
I will give u a ftp account for uploading...
Please help me... tnx...

EMINENT

i talked with surface suport abouth that movement, at first time they proposed me a change and they looked at the movie and at a surface pro 4 and that had the same movement. I hope it won t get worse and the hinge wont lose, i will be very carreful with it next week and wach it very close.

My SP3 hinge never got loose and stayed as tight as it was on day 1 release.

mva5580

I got rid of mine; just not worth the problems for me personally.

I mean I understand if you're someone who travels a lot, NEEDS a portable laptop, etc. This device would be important to you and you will want to make it work and find ways to manage it as the device serves a big purpose to you.

But for someone like me who is just looking for a device that's basically a full PC in a tablet form factor that would be a worthwhile replacement to the device-that-shall-not-be-named.....I just don't find it to be worth the hassle. Yes this device can do a lot more, but at the end of the day all I personally need this device to be is reliable and capable of web/email/video/light doc editing/light gaming/reading, and that's pretty much it. So as much as I have wanted to find a full windows device in this type of form factor that works as an acceptable replacement, I guess the hassle isn't worth it to me.

So I'll stick with the more limited device at this point, and at least I know it will give me very few, if any functional annoyances. It's also hard for me to get past the fact that I can leave this device ON overnight and lose like 1% of battery, where as if I were to leave the SP4 on and turn off the screen, it would probably be dead by morning. I get it, but like I said it's just hard to look past once you've had it the other way for so long.

EMINENT

I got rid of mine; just not worth the problems for me personally.

I mean I understand if you're someone who travels a lot, NEEDS a portable laptop, etc. This device would be important to you and you will want to make it work and find ways to manage it as the device serves a big purpose to you.

But for someone like me who is just looking for a device that's basically a full PC in a tablet form factor that would be a worthwhile replacement to the device-that-shall-not-be-named.....I just don't find it to be worth the hassle. Yes this device can do a lot more, but at the end of the day all I personally need this device to be is reliable and capable of web/email/video/light doc editing/light gaming/reading, and that's pretty much it. So as much as I have wanted to find a full windows device in this type of form factor that works as an acceptable replacement, I guess the hassle isn't worth it to me.

So I'll stick with the more limited device at this point, and at least I know it will give me very few, if any functional annoyances. It's also hard for me to get past the fact that I can leave this device ON overnight and lose like 1% of battery, where as if I were to leave the SP4 on and turn off the screen, it would probably be dead by morning. I get it, but like I said it's just hard to look past once you've had it the other way for so long.

That's too bad. I only had 1% drain/ hour today in my bag before lunch. Something changed to where I have Intel display settings now in my taskbar. Didn't adjust anything there though.

That's too bad. I only had 1% drain/ hour today in my bag before lunch. Something changed to where I have Intel display settings now in my taskbar. Didn't adjust anything there though.

1%/hr is the discharge rate I see overnight. I've just gone ahead and re-enabled hibernate, place my machine into it when traveling and off power.