What's new

Surface Laptop 4 with Dock2

saulius42195

I have the problem with using Surface Laptop 4 + Dock2 + 2 Monitors. The problem - when I start computer after hypernate or sleeping mode then only one monitor become active, but 2nd monitor still "sleeps" and solutions are - reconnect 2nd monitor to the docking station or reboot computer. I had installed Surface diagnostic tool and got all latest surface updates, but issue still exist. Unfortunately I can't prove it how the same Dock2 works with other Surface models, because simply do not have other models. I installed WMI Instance Provider and saw that Dock2 has the following Microcontroller version number: 5.202.139. I also have another Dock2 with Microcontroller version number: 5.306.139 (not sure how it was installed/updated), but in fact both docking stations with combinations more than 1 Surface Laptop 4 have the same issue. By the way I have the same issue with Dell and LG monitors. Unfortunately can't test it, if some other monitors have the same issue. Does somebody can suggest solution for that?

OP
S

saulius42195

Hi, no. At least I wanted to get original Microsoft USB-C - HDMI adapter to made the last test, but finally it we decided just to start replacing the monitors. If we use cables USB-C to USB-C (from monitor to Dock2) then no issues. This is solution for us. Until that time the users with "HDMI" monitors should re-connect their monitors if such issue appears. This is workaround proposed by Microsoft. :)

My greetings.

Nuuk78

Thanks for the reply, we will try that.
But it looks like we dont have newer monitors with usb-c input.....
So maybe the usb-c -> hdmi/displayport adapter is the sinner here.

Nuspieds

Hi, I have the Dock 2 with 3 external monitors (all DP inputs) and no issues when a Surface Book 1, 2, or Laptop Studio.