What's new

Sp3 to HP USB C dock

Tivotron

Greetings all.
Have a Sp3 which I plan to use as a second computer with the USB C docking station & monitor my old job gave to me.

I bought a display port to mini display port cable, but the dock doesn't seem to recognize it.

Is there a right way / right cable to accomplish this with?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

PXL_20220818_214411226.jpg

PXL_20220818_214432138.jpg

PXL_20220818_214441146.jpg

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I think the display cable should connect your SP3 to the monitor, not to the dock. Or maybe I'm confused ...

OP
T

Tivotron

Yes, that does work (although I can't figure out how to make it fill the full monitor screen).

I am hoping to use the dock though, since I have a keyboard/mouse USB into it.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

I think the display cable should connect your SP3 to the monitor, not to the dock. Or maybe I'm confused ...

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
If the monitor is made to be Display 1, you should be able to fill its screen. You can choose which display shows the task bar.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
USB-C new specs to USB-A old specs you'll probably lose expected functionality. Displayport over USB-C wasn't a thing when the SP3 was made. I'd think the keyboard and mouse would work, probably ethernet etc. perhaps even an HDMI port.

OP
T

Tivotron

USB-C new specs to USB-A old specs you'll probably lose expected functionality. Displayport over USB-C wasn't a thing when the SP3 was made. I'd think the keyboard and mouse would work, probably ethernet etc. perhaps even an HDMI port.
I think I've given up trying to use that dock unfortunately. Bummer.