What's new

SP3 and metro apps problem

kundas1

I don't know whats going on but ever since I updated to win 10 and then rolled back to win 8.1 all my metro apps open and close right away! win 10 has really been a PITA!! does anyone have a suggestion or solution to my problem?

OP
kundas1

kundas1

update: not only do my apps close out but a lot of the apps/games in the store are a plain square box.. then when I try to update any apps I get an error that they're not installed... this is really annoying.

keirmeister

I had this problem keep popping up, and there were a number of solutions online that didn't resolve the issue. What appears to have done the trick for me was the following:
  1. In the Microsoft Store, click on your account icon and choose "View Account."
  2. Your account page will pop up. Scroll down and there is a "Devices" section. Check to see if there are any ghost devices. In my case I had two SP3's listed - one with the serial and warranty info, and the other just kinda with nothing there. I think the system creates both, because I removed both and they showed back up at some point.
  3. Also, under the "Devices" section, there's a submenu named "Apps & games devices." Go there, and you may see a ton of copies. Apparently only 10 are allowed, so if you see duplicates in there, remove them as well.
After I did all of that, the Microsoft Store apps started working again.

OP
kundas1

kundas1

thanks for ur reply, no there is no ghost devices and I have tried already some of your suggestions and last but not least there is no duplicates of any of my apps... I'm truly stumped... I have also tried to sync licenses and a couple of other ideas and still same problem! I wish some others would chime in and give me some ideas... *cough JNJROACH cough*

OP
kundas1

kundas1

wow I can't believe no one else has come to give some help on this matter... thanks a lot guys! :mad: