What's new

Metro OneNote crashing often

Jordi32

Metro OneNote crashing often when using the pen on my Surface Pro 3. The pen stops working, and the app closes and reopens. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Jordi

ctitanic

Metro OneNote crashing often when using the pen on my Surface Pro 3. The pen stops working, and the app closes and reopens. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Jordi
try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

OP
J

Jordi32

Thank you for your suggestions Ctitanic and Tsurugaya. If I uninstall the OneNote app and reinstall, will I lose all my notes?

If it is a memory conflict, how can it be resolved?

OP
J

Jordi32

Ctitanic, I read on a similar post that I should run disk cleanup. Where do I find that? By doing a search I found disk optimization and I ran it but it took just three seconds. Windows RE tools won't optimize even though it says they need to...

Tsurugaya

If you have your notes in OneDrive you don't need to back them up, it is done by the program everytime you leave a page or close the program. Nothing to worry about.

cemian

I have a tendency to believe there is some conflict at times when you rest your hand or arm on the screen while writing...happens to me as well on occassion

Edo0003

I have this issue occurring at random moments. I tried doing the disk clean up but that didn't work. Did you ever find a solution?