What's new

Post Your SP3 WiFi/Internet Issues Here

uktivo

Already tested. When you first connect to the wifi everything works as expected. As time passes wifi speed decreases.

While moving files in a 802.11n connection im getting 10 to 11 mb /s . An hour and a half later I'm getting 2 to 2.5mb / s. If I turn wifi off (via charm bar) and back on I get full speed back.

Im using the old Marvell drivers dated april 24, but I also tested it with new ones (jun 20) with the same results.

I'm getting this exact issue.

uktivo

Ok. Do I return this baby and wait for MS to actually fix this issue then purchase again. Although there doesn't seem to be many people here reporting it as an issue, or keep it and put up with the slow transfer rate for now

imsam67

I'm having the same WiFi issue most people here are complaining about. I have the SP3 i7 512GB model. If my device goes to hibernation, it has "Limited" connection to my home network but doesn't have Internet connection.

I installed all of today's updates and as of now (8/12/2014 9:36 PM ET), my device is completely up-to-date. I see no updates available -- no optional updates either.

And I still have the same issue as before.

jbowden

While my wireless works but I am not able to get AC speeds. I went by the MS store and they were not able to provide any suggestions to try. I have Killer N cards in my other PCs and they are getting a solid 450 Mbps. If I get within 5 feet of my R8000, I get AC speed but it changes up and down. I plan to open a ticket with MS support to log this problem. I am 99% convinced the wireless card in SP3 is not powered for AC signal speeds.

Unoid

Already tested. When you first connect to the wifi everything works as expected. As time passes wifi speed decreases.

While moving files in a 802.11n connection im getting 10 to 11 mb /s . An hour and a half later I'm getting 2 to 2.5mb / s. If I turn wifi off (via charm bar) and back on I get full speed back.

Im using the old Marvell drivers dated april 24, but I also tested it with new ones (jun 20) with the same results.

I also experience this problem... would love a fix!

bamaster

I was experiencing decreased wifi speeds after the latest update. Averaging around 6-7 Mbps download.
Marvell driver version: 15.68.3044.85

Uninstalled and deleted the driver. Rescanned.
It rolled back to version: 15.68.3036.67

Now it's over 40 Mbps download. I am not on AC, just Wireless-N.

m1tch

I am also experiencing the wifi issue that you all are reporting.. I enabled Hyper-V on my tablet and then when I resume from Hibernate (not Active-standby) I have to enable/disable the wifi for it to work again even though it says Connected. I tried the older drivers from April (4/24/14 - 15.68.3036.67) and with those wifi resume seems to work when I have Hyper-V disabled. So right now that's my half-solution is to just deal with it when I need Hyper-V enabled and then switch to the active-standby mode when I don't need Hyper-V..

imsam67

I disabled Hyper-V because I didn't have the "Sleep" option in my power menu. Since then my WiFi issue got - sort of - worse. I still lose WiFi after my device falls asleep. What's worse is that I now need to do a full reboot to restore it. The WiFi turn on/off toggle button is not even there anymore. Before disabling the Hyper-V, I could at least see the toggle button and turning it off then on again, would fix the WiFi issue. Now, after falling asleep, my SP3 doesn't even see the wireless adapter.

Looks like the August 12 updates and patches didn't even touch this issue.

pault

I've got a surface pro 3 core i7 (512gb) and have the same problem - when it wakes from sleep, the wifi connection is lost. Disconnecting and reconnecting temporarily solves the issue. I spoke with with a ms support rep today and he mentioned that they were aware of the problem and planning to release yet another update next tuesday (august 19th). But I wouldn't hold my breath. Working with 3 different support techs (1 dropped call and 1 dropped chat) got me no where and didn't exactly fill me with confidence. Love the surface, annoyed with the firmware + driver issues. Also just as an fyi, I had the same type of issues with the surface pro 2, but ms eventually fixed them.

m1tch

How does everyone feel about this? Is it worth sticking with the SP3 i7 regardless or trying to get a refund? I feel like an exchange right now would just get a unit from the initial problem batch.. so waiting a few months would help.. I got the extended warranty and I've read good things about exchanges so I feel like I'm covered if I wait until December to swap out my problematic unit for a working one.. Of course I am hoping that they fix this via a driver/software update by then.

stonerwinst

Exchanging units will not solve the WIFI issue. Like others have said, the fix will likely come from a driver update (hopefully).

I too am disappointed with these types of issue with the SP3. But I have to say, I am still impressed with the latest version of the Surface Pro. Sure, I paid to be a early adopter (I have the SP1 and SP3), but I think Microsoft is on to something with this design.

They just need to refine it a few more times to get the various issues (heat/throttling, WIFI, occasional wakeup/lockup issues) resolved.

I have since sold my Lenovo T420 and I am much happier with the SP3's thinner/lighter form. I will add, the SP3 has not replaced my IPad Mini Retina. The IPad mini is still a better form factor for reading e-books/PDFs and casual surfing. The SP3 has taken more of my time away from the IPad Mini, however.