What's new

Official I received my Surface Book

ccates22

Got mine on Monday and been setting it up slowly all week. Everything was great until I tried hooking up the new Surface dock to my two monitors at home. The Surface Pro mini displayport adapters won't work because of the slanted connector they added for the slanted edges on the Surface Pro 3, so I have to buy additional adapters. The one I did have that should work is mini displayport to HDMI and is connected to a 27" HP monitor. Quite terrible; it keeps disconnecting itself and the screens go black. There is a whole forum topic about that.

giliav

Got mine a couple of days ago. Was pretty costly to get it over here (I'm not in the U.S. nor Europe.
So far so good although I do get random Intel display driver crashes (even though windows 10 manages it and restarts the driver without a lot of delay). Really excited about it and hope MS finishes updating it to be super stable soon :)
It's an i7/16GB/512GB machine btw.

giliav

Thanks Man. Where are you located at?
Fedex got it here (from the US) in about 3 business days so I'm hoping you get yours quickly.

bangsters

I'm in NJ, but my business partner placed the order, so it had to ship to him. He said it already arrived, and he just needs to get it shipped to me when he gets back from his trip.

Can't wait, the suspense is killing me lol...

bangsters

Ok my i7 512 16 just came in. Excited to open it but then battery is drained to 0%. I thought normally they have like 50% out of the box.

So i plug it in and instead of taking me to setup i get a login for other user.... Wtf?? I don't have a surface dock so trying to figure out how i can login. It's not seeing any network argghhhh

Update: i powered it off by pressing power for a few seconds. Then powered on. Lo and behold it took me to setup. Woot!!!!!

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Ok my i7 512 16 just came in. Excited to open it but then battery is drained to 0%. I thought normally they have like 50% out of the box.

So i plug it in and instead of taking me to setup i get a login for other user.... Wtf?? I don't have a surface dock so trying to figure out how i can login. It's not seeing any network argghhhh

Update: i powered it off by pressing power for a few seconds. Then powered on. Lo and behold it took me to setup. Woot!!!!!
This is a known issue, it is just a test account that is used at the factory as final test before packaging, on some of the SB's the restart to return the Setup back the Out of the Box Experience, typically rebooting or resetting fixes it...

bangsters

This is a known issue, it is just a test account that is used at the factory as final test before packaging, on some of the SB's the restart to return the Setup back the Out of the Box Experience, typically rebooting or resetting fixes it...

Thanks. After that so far so good. loving it!!

bamaster

Exact same thing happened to me on the same device.
But all is well now.