What's new

New Intel HD Driver

Wiidesire

Wonder if it's the final version of the beta I have installed. Do you get the intel graphics control panel with this?
Yes you will get a graphics control panel with this. I am testing it right now, but a little bit worried because of Connected Standby.

Kris

Let us know how it turns out, I am also a StarCraft 2 player and would love to know if I can get any improvement on it, without any drawbacks

mahdi75

I read somewhere previously that latest drivers from intel causes the device to generate more heat.

Is it still true in latest intel drivers?

Matt Abar

It tells me "the driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer." Setup will exit.

Then it exits. Anybody else getting this? How are you installing the driver?

OP
K

kozak79

To install drivers from Intel, download the .zip version of the driver, unzip it. Right Click on "This PC", select Properties, then Device Manager. Find the graphics adapter, right click on it and select Update Driver Software. Select Browse My Computer... Then select Let me Pick From a List.... Then hit Have Disk and Browse to the Graphics folder of the unzipped driver you downloaded. Select the ini and install. It should install just fine.

ctitanic

I'm not sure, but when you install this driver you are stopping Windows Update to receive automatic updates for this driver.

Wiidesire

My concern were for nothing. Connected Standby is definitely working. Went into connected standby with 46% and 13 hours later when I woke it up I had 44,3%.

OP
K

kozak79

Automatic Update still works for the Microsoft version of the Driver. After installing this driver, a driver from Microsoft appeared in the Windows Update Control panel.

Knuck

I'm not sure, but when you install this driver you are stopping Windows Update to receive automatic updates for this driver.

Shortly after you install the Intel drivers, Windows Update will tell you that you have a new system hardware update. If you install the new update you will reinstall the MS driver. When the regular new updates come they will also reinstall the MS drivers and force you to have to reinstall the Intel ones.

mahdi75

Someone in reddit said that after installing this driver, the fan kicks in more than before.

Can anyone confirm?