What's new

New Hardware Update: Is This The ONE?

netuser

The 2/17 update improved the performance and reduced crashing on our Surface Books, but it still isn't good enough.
Most of the Surface Books went from very regularly crashing and embarrassing people presenting in meetings to occasionally crashing. Still much less stable than the old laptops they were intended to replace. Only looks better. People really wanted to like them because they are stylish compared to what they had before.
I think we are going to try one more firmware update (if it comes very soon) to see if the Surface Book can be at least as stable as any other Windows 10 laptop or tablet.

We are already planning on ordering laptops from other vendors so we can do A B testing to get another device option if and when the Surface Book evaluation is halted and declared a failure.

ericspt

I was one of the first to complain about how bad my book was.

We have 3 books and 3 SP4's. The last set of updates fixed 95 percent of our issues. This included my major problem which was the dock never working with my 34" Ultra-wide Dell monitor. Now I dock it, hit a key, wait patiently for 5 seconds and it comes on.

I have had a one instance of the super hot out of the bag and strangely enough last night a giant thermometer icon in white when turning it on, rebooting it fixed that and it booted.

Otherwise all of ours get heavy use in a lot of different environments and no problems since the last update.