What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what I do SP3 requires a password to get to unlock after standby or hitting the power button, anyone know a way around this. Other than the power options menu...

No matter what I do SP3 requires a password to get to unlock after standby or hitting the power button, anyone know a way around this. Other than the power options menu...

Same experience here, @Kris. I think this is normal for this Build.

I have to say, during my brief layover back on Win8.1, that really is a nice OS on the SP3. I know it's not the best with keyboard/mouse, but it's great on a tablet. I'm almost sad to be leaving it behind to keep testing Win10.

So when I "clean install" windows 10, i just:
1. download the ISO
2. copy contents to a USB
3. boot from USB
4. choose advanced
5. delete every partition and then press new letting windows create what it needs
6. install

What is with the disabling secure boot, using a program to make a usb stick bootable, and then having to reinstall every driver? The way I do it it fortunately installs most drivers and whatever it doesnt windows update takes care of rest. What makes the other way better than my way? Am i doing it wrong?

Now I can't even get the update to 10122 to download in updates. Gets to 32% (took 1.5 hours to get to that) and just sits there so I can't try the proposed solution. Sat next to the router with good bandwidth.

So when I "clean install" windows 10, i just:
1. download the ISO
2. copy contents to a USB
3. boot from USB
4. choose advanced
5. delete every partition and then press new letting windows create what it needs
6. install

What is with the disabling secure boot, using a program to make a usb stick bootable, and then having to reinstall every driver? The way I do it it fortunately installs most drivers and whatever it doesnt windows update takes care of rest. What makes the other way better than my way? Am i doing it wrong?

I do exactly this and it works 100% - seems like the simplest and most efficient method I've come across.

Regarding network performance and battery life for a new OS or new Build...

Don't forget that when you first install, OneDrive and the Microsoft App Store have lots of work to do. These are likely the causes of your lag. The same applies to Dropbox and other cloud services. Leave your computer connected online as long as you can to let them catch up.

Screenshot (13).png

Screenshot (12).png

Well, 10122 is definitely better for me. My fan still makes noise but is definitely better than before. I'm only do light web browsing and it's on. It's also because the right side of my Surface Pro 3 seems to get warm very quickly. The left side is always cold which is interesting. Definitely a better build so far though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back