What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, going to do a clean install of 10074. Can't remember: are all the drivers included in that build, or do I need to install the driver pack?

Don't give up. Restore back to 8.1 and go from there. Never give up!

30 year IT guy myself and although I fly at a much higher level these days I never forget where I came from. Remember XT PCs with dual 5 1/4" Winchester drives, single-sided, single density floppies and Novell Netware Lite? Early 90's I had a canned chunk of verbiage for differentiating between the forward and backslash keys on the keyboard. "Is your monitor turned on?" ;)

Oh god, I still have nightmares about himem switches to get the nic stack loaded and leave enough memory to run Lotus 1-2-3. I agree tho. I've got a nice pretty VP title now, and fly a different elevation, but I still get into the trenches with "da boyz" and do raw server work. I'm a geek at heart, but now they pay me for it. :)

Holding SP3 right now in tablet mode. Watch some embedded youtubes, fan is cranking full blast and the back of the tablet is literally burning my hand. Have no idea why W10 makes tablet so damned hot in tablet mode.

Took quite awhile for indexes and all the crap to settle on mine, but it did and it cooled off quite a bit. I think tho, that there's still a ton of debug code running in 10, when they go live and strip that out, should be much nicer.

Don't give up. Restore back to 8.1 and go from there. Never give up!

Ah, yes, well, I can't give up, because my SP3 isn't functional. :)

So, yep, going back to 8.1 and starting over. Good thing it's pretty easy (it's taking longest to copy the files to my USB drive for some reason).

Inking performance under Build 10122 is the best I've experienced on my Surface Pro 3. Very little lag, good resolution.

Screenshot (10).png

Had no issues getting 10122 installed. Seeing some of the new features, I decided to jump back in as I didn't have much luck with previous builds on my SP3. Upgraded 10074 from 8.1 just fine, installed that garbage update that causes the screen flash on boot, and set it on fast ring and checked for updates. 10122 showed up, downloaded and installed with no issues. I know I'm one of the few lucky ones who didn't have to jump through all sorts of hoops to get it. Seems pretty nice and much better than previous builds. I am experiencing the issue with the picture password. Not sure how that bug got through, seems somewhat obvious, but maybe they were busy. Not a bad build though, I might even keep this one. Fan has been quiet and everything seems to run smoothly, but it's been less than 24 hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back