What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving up here as well. You'd think they'd have had enough SP3s to test that they would have run into this. Can't imagine that there's any difference between their in-house SP3s and ours.

Oh well. If they release an ISO for this (I don't want to mess with anything unofficial) I'll do a clean install. Otherwise, I'll wait for an official fix or the next build. No skin off my teeth, really.

Installed fine. Haven't checked out a lot, only had it for 5 minutes, but some changes have been made to tiles. They seem to be more icon like, at least custom ones. MS tiles seem to be the same. While typing this out my fan kicked on, first time in months...

Just installed 10122 and it went perfectly ( on my desktop ).
Took less than an hour to download and install and it is running fine.
Using it right now.

Haven't tried Cortana or Edge yet, but so far I see no problems.

I won't put it on my SP1 until the final release but I have it on a separate hard drive so if things go south I can just format it and start again.

Installed fine. Haven't checked out a lot, only had it for 5 minutes, but some changes have been made to tiles. They seem to be more icon like, at least custom ones. MS tiles seem to be the same. While typing this out my fan kicked on, first time in months...

Okay, first, don't mean to be insulting but did you check in the lower-right-hand corner of the desktop to make sure it's 10122? Just had to check since you're only the second person here able to install.

Second, if it really is 10122, how did you install? Is yours Win8.1 > previous build > 10122, or Win10 clean install > 10122? Just want to see if there's anything in your configuration that made it work for you and not for us.

Has anyone installed it on an SP3 Pro yet? I wonder if this might have something to do with the fork of SP3 and SP3 Pro. Fourth time upgrading, for shits and giggles, as I was not quick enough to turn off Automatic update. For the record I expect the same results.

Freezes at 18% (62%) Tried twice. Once before and once after doing 'disk cleanup'. No luck. Stuck with '0xC1900101-0x20007'. Seriously Microsoft, how does this even slip out the door?

I just don't see how certain people are having success when I ran a clean 10074 install with no devices attached and still it failed.

The ironic part is that the primary fail of MS's flagship OS appears to be on their flagship device.

You simply can't make this sh*t up.

Okay, first, don't mean to be insulting but did you check in the lower-right-hand corner of the desktop to make sure it's 10122? Just had to check since you're only the second person here able to install.

Second, if it really is 10122, how did you install? Is yours Win8.1 > previous build > 10122, or Win10 clean install > 10122? Just want to see if there's anything in your configuration that made it work for you and not for us.
Says 10122, upgraded from 10074 on my SP3. Had/have office 2016 installed. Everything just worked. Downloaded an ISO and installed on my desktop too.

Tried three times today myself, even after Disk Cleanup. Failed every time at precisely 18%/62%.

I feel like a test pilot of an aircraft with no seat.
And no wings.
And no air.
Or craft.

Propeller apparently still works.

- Still like Microsoft.
- Glad no harm was done to my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back