What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok well this installation is officially borked. Even after detaching all peripherals and running full system clean still fails at 18%.

Nice job MS.

Ok well this installation is officially borked. Even after detaching all peripherals and running full system clean still fails at 18%.

Nice job MS.

Yes, and I don't even think restoring Win8.1 and then trying again would make a different. Would still be the same INF files. I'm thinking it's only an ISO that will make this one take.

I am stuck on the Installing Windows 18%, Copying files 62% for last 30 minutes. Is this the ticking time bomb for failed install\upgrade?

Mine installed fine. As a suggestion, if you use BITDEFENDER, don't try to reinstall it after 10122... You'll BSOD and you better know how to use safe mode....

Fan is definitely quieter after it settled in and finished indexing. Miss Cortana is no longer speaking to me tho... She's working, not speaking.

Last edited:
Question => Surface in dock, not charging but plugged in? around 9x% ... Is it a problem or is it normal, someone else got this behavior?

Mine installed fine. As a suggestion, if you use BITDEFENDER, don't try to reinstall it after 10122... You'll BSOD and you better know how to use safe mode....

Fan is definitely quieter after it settled in and finished indexing. Miss Cortana is no longer speaking to me tho... She's working, not speaking.

Well thats encouraging. Your one of the few. Maybe I should clean install 10074 again then do it from there.

Mine wasn't clean. Mine has been ongoing updates over previous versions and ultimately over 8.1 in the beginning. I had, however done a big disk clean up and removed previous OS install and also bitlocker is NOT on.

Mine wasn't clean. Mine has been ongoing updates over previous versions and ultimately over 8.1 in the beginning. I had, however done a big disk clean up and removed previous OS install and also bitlocker is NOT on.

Hmmm. Bitlocker isn't on? Maybe I'll try turning it off and trying again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back