What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! Finally got build 162 on Sunday, I've only one issue- Reader app won't start- after launching it displays store page and states that "something went wrong"- I have option to reinstall it, sadly even clean install doesn't help. Anyone else has this problem? Any idea how to fix it?

I just installed from store and it works just fine.

Hey, maybe some of you guys remember my problem.

Hey, after some time on xx130 I get a strange problem. Everytime i plug in a usb-device the current selected window updates with a flash of inverted colours. (like a blink of 10ms or so). I have tried a clean install :( is this a known problem?

i got the same problem with win 8.1 and I finally found the cause and the solution :)

To put things simple: My MS Account!! I sync my personal systemsettings to the cloud with my ms account and something went wrong with this sync. So I tried to delete all saved data via OneDrive. This doesnt helped me so I searched a little bit further and found this site:

https://onedrive.live.com/win8personalsettingsprivacy/

after I deleted all my personal stored windows settings it works flawless on win10 for me. Maybe some of you guys have also corrupted sync-data (I read a lot in this thread about specific user issues, so how knows ...). Or if you just want to start with your MS Account without the stored data this is your way to go ;)
Remember it is not enough to delete your data via OneDrive -> Options -> (Last Point)

I just installed from store and it works just fine.

Doesn't work even if I uninstall it and then install again... Wonder if it might be associated to regional/language settings? I installed English version of system, have region and keyboard set to Polish and Windows app like calendar/reader/mail are in Polish mixed with English used for example for months and days of week.

Are these ISO from Microsoft faulty? Always I start an installation it says file corruption, tested with 2 downloaded 10162 isos

I've had no reason to check in months, and wasn't using desktop onenote for months before that because of the issue, but anyone know how the inking in dektop onenote is these days? Still having all your work vanish?

The 2016 Version works fine

I'm not willing to go and buy an expensive piece of software because microsoft broke the software i already own and havn't/can't fix it. Maybe they need to offer it as a free upgrade like with windows 10. that will be yet anotther PR disaster if onenote users are forced to buy office 2016 just to get real functionality from onenote. that or users simply will not upgrade to 10. Desktop onenote is pretty much the most important thing on thi device for me, so if 2013 still doesn't work come august then my options will be to not use windows 10 or just pirate a version of office 2016. MUI onenote is utterly worthless for anything more than a quick note. Organising and such on there is just laughable, let alone the utter and complete lack of any tools or features.

I'm not willing to go and buy an expensive piece of software because microsoft broke the software i already own and havn't/can't fix it. Maybe they need to offer it as a free upgrade like with windows 10. that will be yet anotther PR disaster if onenote users are forced to buy office 2016 just to get real functionality from onenote. that or users simply will not upgrade to 10. Desktop onenote is pretty much the most important thing on thi device for me, so if 2013 still doesn't work come august then my options will be to not use windows 10 or just pirate a version of office 2016. MUI onenote is utterly worthless for anything more than a quick note. Organising and such on there is just laughable, let alone the utter and complete lack of any tools or features.
I feel you. But i cant do anything about it and Office 2016 is at the moment free (beta) so it works flawless. Windows 10 isnt official so I its ok for the next 4 weeks and then it should all work... I hope

I feel you. But i cant do anything about it and Office 2016 is at the moment free (beta) so it works flawless. Windows 10 isnt official so I its ok for the next 4 weeks and then it should all work... I hope

Yeah. Like with my previous gripe last night, it's just another thing that could have a real impact on the public reception of this OS. Inking has certainly been the biggest thing to make me regret being on the insider program. One of the big selling points of windows, especially this time round as it is such an important release for them, is that it all jsut works. All your old drivers and software and hardware, will just work. Not very encouraging if MS cannot even get their own software to work on the new OS. Makes me think of the S3 micro usb shpeil from MS, any charger or battery will just work....or rather no they won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back