What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
On 10162 ... I noticed that even though my screen saver is turned on, it never goes on. It tests fine in Preview, and my power settings are such that it should go on. My SurfacePro3 is in the dock connected to an external monitor. Anyone else notice this problem?

On 10162 ... I noticed that even though my screen saver is turned on, it never goes on. It tests fine in Preview, and my power settings are such that it should go on. My SurfacePro3 is in the dock connected to an external monitor. Anyone else notice this problem?
Just tried it (boy, it's a b*tch finding where that setting is buried) and it works for me.
Using external monitor via mDP and USB Hub (no dock).

No dock, just connected to a second display, but screensaver worked just fine.

Just tried it (boy, it's a b*tch finding where that setting is buried) and it works for me.

I just hit start and typed screen. 3rd result down. Wasn't that hard to find :)

My Dock is at the office so I can't try with 10162, but with 10159 I had it set to turn the display off after 5 min and that worked np.

On 162 still can't get people, phone companion, Tapatalk and a host of other apps to open on my SP3 but on my desktop with the same 162 everything's OK. Anyone succeeded yet on resolving these issues on their SP3?

That's what I did.

And it worked like a champ. Thanks!

I'm hoping for some long-term stability here...that is, that unlike some earlier builds, it doesn't start getting crashy after a couple days of normal use. That's what caused me to revert to 8.1 again last time, and even question whether I wanted to upgrade right away. But positive comments have been overwhelming for this release, so we'll see!

And it worked like a champ. Thanks!

I'm hoping for some long-term stability here...that is, that unlike some earlier builds, it doesn't start getting crashy after a couple days of normal use. That's what caused me to revert to 8.1 again last time, and even question whether I wanted to upgrade right away. But positive comments have been overwhelming for this release, so we'll see!
Took the words right outta my mouth.

On 162 still can't get people, phone companion, Tapatalk and a host of other apps to open on my SP3 but on my desktop with the same 162 everything's OK. Anyone succeeded yet on resolving these issues on their SP3?

Have you tried a fresh install? I was completely unable to open photo viewer, just opened print instead. did a revert and then clean install and is working as it ought to now. People app is wotking just fine on my SP3

BTW, when I start up and do not yet have Internet I get this bug here.

uploadfromtaptalk1436117879587.JPG

Strange that i'm the only one ^^

I just hit start and typed screen. 3rd result down. Wasn't that hard to find :)
Oh yeah, I never think of that. I right click on the desktop and try Display settings, Personalize, I open both the old Control Panel and the new Settings and drill down looking for things and I know you can just type it in the search and it comes up.
I never learn.

I don't know if this has been covered before, but is there a way to add "this pc" to the taskbar instead of file explorer? I could not give two ****s about recent files or frequent folders, **** off already! :) I clicked file explorer because i wanted to gain instant access to my files, not some worthless list of files i opened once upon a time, or a folder i opened once, but is now utterly irrelevant to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back