What's new

Where is Bio Enrollment?

Arizona Willie

A couple of weeks ago we hear of W10 having Bio Enrollment where you could use your webcam for facial recognition so you could log onto your computer(s) without a password.

Presumably it would also work when visiting web pages that require passwords.

They said it could be found in the Store.

But my searches for it turn up nothing except a couple of unrelated things.

Supposedly W10 will be released in July which is only a couple of months away yet we haven't seen hide nor hair of Bio Enrollment.

Did Microsoft scrap it?

If not, why isn't it being tested in the preview editions?

EMINENT

A couple of weeks ago we hear of W10 having Bio Enrollment where you could use your webcam for facial recognition so you could log onto your computer(s) without a password.

Presumably it would also work when visiting web pages that require passwords.

They said it could be found in the Store.

But my searches for it turn up nothing except a couple of unrelated things.

Supposedly W10 will be released in July which is only a couple of months away yet we haven't seen hide nor hair of Bio Enrollment.

Did Microsoft scrap it?

If not, why isn't it being tested in the preview editions?

That is Windows Hello. Requires new hardware.

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...-personal-and-more-secure-with-windows-hello/

We’re working closely with our hardware partners to deliver Windows Hello capable devices that will ship with Windows 10 and we are excited to announce that all OEM systems incorporating the Intel® RealSense™ 3D Camera (F200) will support the facial unlock features of Windows Hello, including automatic sign-in to Windows, and support to unlock “Passport” without the need for a PIN.

OP
Arizona Willie

Arizona Willie

Thanks for the info and the link.

I wonder why they aren't making more of a splash about this?
It is like a well kept secret.

I didn't know they had changed the name to Hello.

Unless the equipment is outrageously expensive this should be a game changer in computers and give Microsoft a huge advantage in the OS market. But then they already own 95% of the OS market ( not phones ).

I am anxiously waiting to see what comes of this.
I imagine my SP1 web cam probably won't work and neither will my Logitech web cam for the desktop but I'll happily buy a new web cam to make this work.