What's new

System Firmware Update?

WTH? MS still can't push out a proper update without creating so many NEW issues?

Luckily I haven't used my SP3 for couple of weeks now so no updates installed for me. I guess I'll wait for the fix for the update. Crazy!

Buddn

Well, rolling back the pen driver didn't seem to work. Over the weekend I had an issue with my wifi where it stopped working so I turned it off and then when I went to turn it back on, it wouldn't do so. Went it to settings and wouldn't turn on there either. Did a few resarts and even a system shutdown and I can't remember what did it but it came back on its own. Could this be related? The crashes started happening the next day (sunday). I'm very frustrated at this. I love my SP3 but this is giving me a bitter taste.

Buddn

Well I think the Surface Pen Settings rollback really did work because my SP3 has been running like a charm all afternoon. Thanks for the tip!

poon

I had the same problem with BSOD and restarts after the last update.
But rolling back the Surface Pen Settings driver seems to fix it.
No restarts or BSOD after that :D

KSNelson1

I had the same problem with BSOD and restarts after the last update.
But rolling back the Surface Pen Settings driver seems to fix it.
No restarts or BSOD after that :D

Well, I, too, rolled back the Surface Pen Settings driver, and, so far, my SPR03 has been much more stable. I believe that I have had one BSOD, and it appears to be coming out of sleep mode more reliably. Knock on wood.

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

Well, I, too, rolled back the Surface Pen Settings driver, and, so far, my SPR03 has been much more stable. I believe that I have had one BSOD, and it appears to be coming out of sleep mode more reliably. Knock on wood.

Yeps, I did this too and the SP3 seems to be better for it - as of now!

ScottyS

Just got 2 BSOD today and the type cover stopped working after the first one!:mad:

Right now yet another "Cumulative Win10 update" is downloading. Would be nice if MS would send a fix to fix the fix.o_O

yonghong

The site has been updated with the info. See here: Microsoft Surface Pro 3 update history | Surface firmware updates

But according to some posts on Reddit, this update is causing problems. Personally, I have not experienced any and the crashing display driver problem has also stopped. I think - not sure yet - that my SP3 is also running a bit cooler than before. Not tested battery life yet.

Aside: A similar firmware update is available for the S3. I updated that too. Again, no problems though some on Reddit are saying that they are also facing issues. One thing though, I can't seem to get the Surface App to work. It is not recognizing the new Pen that I paired with it. I have tried reinstalling the app, pairing and unpairing and repairing the Pen with no luck. So, I can't yet map the buttons on the Pen to my chosen app(s). But I believe with this update we are supposed to be able to do that. This applies to both the SP3 and the S3 to the best of my knowledge.
I had some problems with my sp3 after update, blank screen, I have to hard reset it.