What's new

Surface Pro 4 Signature Type Cover - New

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
This is the new Type Cover for the SP4 - pretty impressive but $30 USD more than the normal one. I like it :)

Compusmurf

Of all the cool add on ideas out there, changing the cloth material was the top of their list???? For that extra $30, they could have tossed in the fingerprint reader as well. Ok, add this, the fingerprint and make it a power cover and I'll buy one.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I do like it, but would have been nice to make it available at launch, not after we have all spent money on the "old" one.

I do agree with the notion that there were so many better things they could have done. But I guess they'll never make a power cover now the surface book exists.

mva5580

You know, that ad would have been ok upon release of the SP4 but many months later when the device itself has plenty of problems......bleh. Not a good look in my opinion.

ipaq_101

I'll get it if mine breaks, other than that it seems like a waste of dough. I already have my old SP3 keyboard, a SP4 keyboard, don't need to start collecting them.

OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
OK people - one thing to remember, people are still buying the device and it is new to them...also this is a completely different team then the engineering team that you are waiting for.

We don't want the Type Cover Design and Fabric Team building and releasing Firmware/Driver Updates...

ScottyS

I held off buying one for my SP3 because I don't type that much when I carry it around (at home I have USB keyboard/BT mouse and monitor).
But if they come out with one of these signature type covers with a fingerprint reader that might be enough of an upgrade to get me to buy one.
(But then again I've always been a sucker for "special" or "limited" editions).

dcoplien

There is a keyboard with finger print scanner for the SP4 that was recently released. Not with the new cloth cover though. It's available from the MS store online. US $130

dajogejr

There is a keyboard with finger print scanner for the SP4 that was recently released. Not with the new cloth cover though. It's available from the MS store online. US $130

That fingerprint cover is still 159 @ the MS Store and has been out since the SP4 was released.
I've had mine that long....

OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I received the new cover today and it really cool, love the color and the feel....it should hold up better than the Dark Blue one I was using....

WP_20160415_13_35_15_Rich.jpg