What's new

Solved Surface Pro 1 Won't boot

OP
S

SilentEagle

One problem, I'm not even able to boot from the USB, when I hold volume down and press power, nothing happens :S

EDIT: It just booted from the USB, saw the blue selection screen, and then it turned off again.

EDIT2: I now can use the volume down and power button trick without any problems, before it didn't work every time

EDIT3: Got to the blue screen again, everything is in Italian but it works. Thank you for the help!

It was in an endless sleep I think, because now it has booted up again, and the battery was 6%.

Last edited:

kundas1

excellent, so now leave it plugged in and let the battery charge fully, never let the SP1 battery get fully dead... very bad for the battery and device, make sure to plug it in when you see that 10% warning or what I do is just plug it in when it gets to 50% and till 99% and that will keep your battery optimum levels...

OP
S

SilentEagle

I will do that from now on. It was dead because I was in a bus, and couldn't plug it in of course :p. Normally I indeed always have it plugged in until it reached 100%, even when it's still 50% full.