What's new

SSD Upgrade WITHOUT Removing Screen

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are those of us who would be willing to pay a premium such as CTO with Lenovo.
I'm not sure what your point is... apparently the Lenovo CTO thought it would be a good idea to include a MITM SSL technology into their consumer laptops too; another thing better left out.

dajogejr

Sorry, no freakin way.
This makes about as much sense as having your fabrication/machine shop use a tape measure for it's work.

mohcho

Crazy mod, but ingenuity breeds more innovation. Well done.

If you look very carefully, the dremel doesn't actually cut through the entire case, but it cuts almost through. He breaks the little flap out manually, so there were no flying bits of magnesium that would've been lodged into the case during the cutting. Measure thrice, cut once. :)

OP
dstrauss

dstrauss

If those mall ifixit stores pick up on this they would make a killing. I'd pay them to do it.

What frustrates me with manufacturers is there is obviously a lot of interest in MORE onboard storage - we aren't all cloud junkies - QUIT SHORT-CHANGING US!

ptrkhh

What frustrates me with manufacturers is there is obviously a lot of interest in MORE onboard storage - we aren't all cloud junkies - QUIT SHORT-CHANGING US!
Here the perfect answer:
Then their i3 tablets would make like 80% of the sales :)

They want you to pay for i7 CPU that you don't need if you want 512 GB storage, or 8 GB RAM that you don't use, or even the i5 CPU that you don't really need just to get a usable amount of storage.

That has been the practice in pretty much every industry. If you want to get the 4L engine, you better want 7-speed automatic, 19" rims, and chrome door handles. And Technology Package.