What's new

SP4 not turning on

Delimaho

Hi all

I have SP4 which I use intermittently. The last time I used it was about a month and a half ago.

I plugged in my charger, and let it charge for about an hour prior to turning it on. The light on the charger end is on, so clearly its working. However it doesn't come on and I'm left with a black screen. I've left it on charge overnight and still, it won't turn on.

Anyone else have this same issue? I'm not sure what's causing it.

M

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Your SP4 may be in a state where there was not enough charge to activate the charging circuitry, even though that sounds strange to say.

So try this. Hold the power button down for 2 seconds, then release and press and release quickly. If nothing happens, repeat but give it 4 seconds for the first hold down. Then 6, and so on.

The idea here is to try and pull the circuitry out of a "coma".

Let us know ...

OP
D

Delimaho

Your SP4 may be in a state where there was not enough charge to activate the charging circuitry, even though that sounds strange to say.

So try this. Hold the power button down for 2 seconds, then release and press and release quickly. If nothing happens, repeat but give it 4 seconds for the first hold down. Then 6, and so on.

The idea here is to try and pull the circuitry out of a "coma".

Let us know ...
Thank you sharpuser. Funny thing is, after I posted this, I put it back on charge and a few hours later I thought let me.try again. I pressed the power button and voila, it worked!

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Great news. Quite a scare there. Seems that sometimes all the safeguards for the battery, charging circuitry, and power management might be too smart for its own good.