What's new

SP3 Type Cover does not work (Windows 10)

Fopiciusp

I have had intermittent issues with my type cover since I purchased my SP3 since I purchased it. Microsoft replaced the Type Cover earlier this year. Since replacing the cover, it has work pretty well until yesterday.

I upgraded my SP3 to Windows 10 on the 29th. After initially installing the upgrade, my SP3 was acting a little funny (mostly software issues), but things were smoothing out. Yesterday evening, I open my SP3 and cannot get my type cover to work at all. The keyboard does not function, no back lights, no touch pad, no automatic switching of Windows 10 from tablet to desktop, an no automatic sleep when closing the cover. The SP3 does not recognize the type cover at all.

I have a hard time believing this type cover has died on me since it is the second one and it would be very much a coincidence for it to have happened shortly after upgrading to Windows 10. I went through the the troubleshooting processed MS has inline, but with no luck.

Has anyone had this issue or provide any insight on how to correct it? Thanks!

huysmall

Folowing this problem. Me too. After I update from Windows Update, the type cover has not worked on my SP3 forever. I tried to swap my working type cover from my SP4, it doesn't work on my SP3. The type cover is still working with my SP4. BTW, I tried ways from google search, but no succeed.
Looking for advice.
Thanks

ScottyS

I had this issue years ago with my SP3. I took it to a Microsoft store and they were able to see my type cover worked on other SP3s and other type covers didn't work on my SP3. So they gave me another SP3. But that was when the SP3 was the newest model and there were MS stores. I don't know what you can do now. Sorry to hear this is still an issue MS hasn't fixed.

huysmall

I had this issue years ago with my SP3. I took it to a Microsoft store and they were able to see my type cover worked on other SP3s and other type covers didn't work on my SP3. So they gave me another SP3. But that was when the SP3 was the newest model and there were MS stores. I don't know what you can do now. Sorry to hear this is still an issue MS hasn't fixed.
Thanks for your kind inputs, bro.
You know, I run my own 3pcs SP3, and one SP4. Two SP3 work OK. I did update as Microsoft suggested. and the update times are not same time. So 2 pcs SP3 still work until now. I'm lucky with two that updated SP3.
Moreover, the SP4 touch screen become useless after I do update a month ago. LOL. Right before update time, it worked flawless. IMO, there's mistake on development updated package.
Thanks for your sharing