What's new

One Note 2013 Issue (W10)

Tsurugaya

Another interim problem is the time it takes for syncing notes to the cloud. I decided to close a large notebook, it is now 48 hours later and 43 GB sent to the cloud and it is still chugging along. Worst thing is it doesn't give any clue to how much is left or when I can expect it to finish.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not seeing it in Build 1024 or 1031 of Office 365 64bit 2016 (SP3, S3).

I've not read about it myself but a colleague at uni turned around in a seminar on Friday and asked why his inked notes kept dissapearing in OneNote 2016 and at first I thought Windows 10 but he was on 8.1 (he had tried to install 10, it bricked his system, so Microsoft had him download a recovery image for 8.1, not sure if there is any link as a result of this failed upgrade). First time I've come across the issue on 8.1.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another interim problem is the time it takes for syncing notes to the cloud. I decided to close a large notebook, it is now 48 hours later and 43 GB sent to the cloud and it is still chugging along. Worst thing is it doesn't give any clue to how much is left or when I can expect it to finish.

Always been an issue for me. On a 200mb up/down connection it can take 10 minutes to sync a single pdf printout of maybe 10 pages from 2013 to MUI OneNote. Sometimes it just will not sync at all with OneNote just saying "one notepad is syncing" etc and it never changes.

OP
M

Modification

Another chunk of my notes just disappeared. This time it was even more erratic than before (just random bits here and there being erased. One Note (at the very least the 2016 version on a SP3 running Windows 10) is completely unreliable right now. I hope Microsoft is aware of this huge issue.

One thing I would like to mention is that both times, the One Note application was running at half the screen size. I did the trick where you can kind of clip it to one side of the screen (in my case, the right half). Now, obviously this could have nothing to do with it but I thought it might be possible this could be the start of some kind of pattern.

Tsurugaya

Always been an issue for me. On a 200mb up/down connection it can take 10 minutes to sync a single pdf printout of maybe 10 pages from 2013 to MUI OneNote. Sometimes it just will not sync at all with OneNote just saying "one notepad is syncing" etc and it never changes.
I've been running a clean sync (nothing but OneNote 2013 running) now for more than 60 hours straight with a total of 57 GB up and a little more than two down. This is seriously cracked.

OP
M

Modification

Now a huge chunk of my notes are moving. Some portions are getting erased completely (a far smaller area deleted than before). However, most of my notes slightly move up. I don't think any of the ink moves down. I want to say they move at a uniform distance but its hard to tell. It has happened 3 times in the past hour.

I don't know what the issue is but this is a huge problem. Notes/work that obviously take quite some time should not be moving/getting erased like this so consistently. Hell, it shouldnt even happen at all.

Tsurugaya

Running OneNote sync for 90 hours and 73 GB up and 3 GB down.
Somethin ain't right.
OneNote Sync.PNG