What's new

Official Windows 10 Insiders thread

GTiceman

I have had a two finger scrolling issue on the last four Insider's builds. When I try to scroll I have to move my fingers close to 1 cm before scrolling activates. I've checked all the settings and everything is set the same. I've even tried reloading drivers and playing around with the settings. When I roll-back to the previous version everyone is back to normal. I've done this four times now. Anyone else seeing this?
mine seems fine, i tried fingers apart and together, usually my fingers are touching when i scroll

wynand32

I'm not finding anything about build 14316 fixing the Surface Pro 3/4/Book issues that have been there since 14291. Anybody find anything indicating they've fixed the issues? Or, has anyone been running the latest build and not experienced any Surface-specific issues?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Windows Hello seems to be more reliable on my Surface Book, and Flash has not crashed yet on Edge.

wynand32

Windows Hello seems to be more reliable on my Surface Book, and Flash has not crashed yet on Edge.

Here's the issue from Microsoft's known issues for 14291. Have you seen this since?

• We continue to investigate an issue in which some Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 4, and Surface Book devices experience a freeze or hang and all input such as keyboard/trackpad and touch do not work. The workaround is to hold down the power button to force the device to hard-reboot.

Compusmurf

the freeze/hang occurred in xx295 as well. I've not been on the 3xx series long enough to have it happen yet. on the 291/95 series I could make it happen on battery with no keyboard using pen within 30 minutes. I've not been able to test on this release. Maybe I'll try this evening after work. Ha

FYI, the xbox controller bug doesn't seem to be fixed.

SFC /SCANNOW works finally. ha

Last edited:

wynand32

the freeze/hang occurred in xx295 as well. I've not been on the 3xx series long enough to have it happen yet. on the 291/95 series I could make it happen on battery with no keyboard using pen within 30 minutes. I've not been able to test on this release. Maybe I'll try this evening after work. Ha

FYI, the xbox controller bug doesn't seem to be fixed.

SFC /SCANNOW works finally. ha

Right, thanks, and the 14316 notes don't say anything about a fix for the Surface bug. So, I guess I'll wait for MSFT to make a fix official.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'm running the latest build on my SP4 in so far it has been stable - I was having really bad artifcating in Outlook 2016 (Insider Builds) but an update this morning fixed it...

I've hung back since RTM and am still on 1511 after going through at least a dozen and a half insider builds prior. Watching this thread since, can anybody cite any really good stability or performance improvement since? Not functional, just stability or performance.

Thanks!

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm running the latest build on my SP4 in so far it has been stable - I was having really bad artifcating in Outlook 2016 (Insider Builds) but an update this morning fixed it...

I have had really bad artifacting in onenote 2016, to the extent that half the screen is tearing and kittering from side to side, this follows up with the whole machine locking up (while artifacts continue to be active) requiring a hard shut down. Upon restarting and opening onenote, exactly the same. Forced to use the mobile version for now.