What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm that's weird. This is what appears on build feed : It feels like the RTM version..don't you think ?

Attachments

• rtm.png
    rtm.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 402
Wzor's latest leaked pics showed RTM as 7/7 with that build.

Edit: It's actually the 9th. I thought it was the 7th.

Last edited:
Historically the RTM build will be divisible by 16. 10176 is. I'm sure they are in RC stage by now, but will it be the final? who knows.

Folks, if you run this command in an admin powershell after you install a new preview release, it'll clean up and fix most universal/modern app issues.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Keep in mind, this will clean up and reset all of the modern apps to default. EX: any logins gone, edge favorites, gone, the works.

It's worth it tho, makes nearly every app work fine. For those of you with app close issues, this may fix most of them (Except the people app) Can't promise anything on the crappy Tapatalk app. That app has always had issues and the developers don't care. :( If you aren't using the iphone or android version of it, you're a 2nd class user.
So I tried, but it says Get-AppXPackage-AllUsers is not recognized as an internal or external command.

Could you please advise what exactly needs to be entered into the command field? Thanks

I'm really happy with Edge and wish we could have it in 8.1 RIGHT NOW.
It needs some improvement because you can only import bookmarks from IE and not from any other browser --- so far.

Otherwise it is FAST FAST FAST.
Pages such as ASUS.COM that take half a day to open and load in Firefox just pop open in Edge. I was amazed.

I've been a Firefox supporter since the old Mozilla days when they sold subscriptions. That goes back a long ways.

Wish they still did, then they could hire good programmers instead of relying on volunteers.

Chrome I dumped. Caused nothing but trouble and after you leave Chrome you can look at your processes and see it is mostly still running in the background using your cpu cycles and ram and NO WAY TO STOP IT other than clicking on each individual item you find still running in Task Manager and killing each one individually.

CHROME SUCKS

And don't say it doesn't because I see lots of people complaining about it and it is the source for much / many of the fan problems people complain about.

If your fan runs all the time.

REMOVE Chrome from the tablet / computer and see the difference. You can copy your bookmarks etc. etc. to another drive before you remove it and then it is easy to re-install if you decide to but I bet you won't because your fan problem with be gone.
============

It has to do with Windows 10. On Windows 8, I have no problem whatsoever with Chrome. With Windows 10, opening Chrome is ok for a few minutes, then the the Surface becomes really hot, the fan starts running at max. speed and the battery drains to empty in 1.5 hours.

Does this every time, I've tested it a lot with previous builds. There are no problems with Firefox. But since Firefox sucks otherwise these days, I will stay in Windows 8 until Chrome works on 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back