What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" works very well with Build 10162.

Screenshot (63).png

Screenshot (64).png

Screenshot (65).png

Screenshot (66).png

Nope, just cut n paste. Another member already used the command as written and it worked fine for them. So, has to be something you're not doing correctly.

Use the ISE and paste the command and you should get better error messages. Maybe provide screenshots so we don't have to guess at what went wrong?

Caused nothing but trouble and after you leave Chrome you can look at your processes and see it is mostly still running in the background using your cpu cycles and ram and NO WAY TO STOP IT other than clicking on each individual item you find still running in Task Manager and killing each one individually.
============

Not exactly true..... To disable it from staying resident, you have to dig through the advanced options and turn it off. It is ON by default.

Tools, Settings, advanced, system, uncheck continue running, exit, restart......

I use chrome, A LOT. I'm heavily invested in the google architecture.

If you use Chrome beta 44 and up, a lot of the fan mess is cut way down.

Nope, just cut n paste. Another member already used the command as written and it worked fine for them. So, has to be something you're not doing correctly.

Use the ISE and paste the command and you should get better error messages. Maybe provide screenshots so we don't have to guess at what went wrong?
OK thanks. Will try again

CHROME SUCKS

And don't say it doesn't because I see lots of people complaining about it and it is the source for much / many of the fan problems people complain about.

This post is not helpful.
A singular person's experience should not be extrapolated as the essential experience of everyone, to the extent that they are told not to disagree ("don't say it doesn't").

Let me demonstrate by only changing the word "CHROME":

- - -

BARRY MANILOW MUSIC SUCKS

And don't say it doesn't because I see lots of people complaining about it and it is the source for much / many of the fan problems people complain about.

- - -

Some fans disagree. ;)

I finally ran the program but it didn't solve any of the problems with the apps, not with people app, not with phone companion app.

Stupid question and probably already been answer, but I missed it. To get the free upgrade do you have to have an insider build installed/upgraded from the 8.1 version the SP3 came with? If so I will have to do this with my desktop and a laptop...

Also what would you recommend for an email client? Outlook 2016 or the built in one? I set up 3 accounts to it; Outlook, Gmail, and my ISP.

Stupid question and probably already been answer, but I missed it. To get the free upgrade do you have to have an insider build installed/upgraded from the 8.1 version the SP3 came with? If so I will have to do this with my desktop and a laptop...

Also what would you recommend for an email client? Outlook 2016 or the built in one? I set up 3 accounts to it; Outlook, Gmail, and my ISP.

Nope you do not have to be an insider for the free upgrade. Check the Microsoft site for more details: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-upgrade
I use the built-in email client, just because it is there. It comes down to what user interface you prefer - the built-in or Outlook 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back