What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far the buggy start pinning has gotten better and i've found apps can be pinned to start. However, once you've done that and go to download another app and pin it, it won't pin. I have to delete all the apps off the start screen and start a new start screen with all the apps I want pinned.

Another wish is that they incorporate the hacked ability to change the title color or at least have it match the accent you pick. Looks much nicer with it on my machines.

Also, if they could make tablet mode task bar fully transparent or option to hide it, this would complete the "bug squashing" as far as the ux to me.

Then there's the dark theme in Edge and Music, and I can get it hacked onto settings and store, but not implemented as a toggle in settings, store, outlook or file explorer. Why are they half-assing dark capabilities?

WTF, MS?

W T F?!

Please, everyone, for the life of your battery and our eyes, take a moment to go to the feedback app and upvote all the dark, email, calendar, file, explorer, settings, store categories you see that apply so they'll take notice.

Last edited:
Successfully applied 10162. It immediately applied the 5/14 Firmware update - again. Other than that, the only thing wrong is the People app still crashes immediately. I've disconnected my Facebook and Twitter accounts but it still crashes.
How do you disconnect those when the app doesn't even start? I'm having the same problem

I really want to try out Windows 10. It seems that these recent builds are getting quite stable. I created a system image today of my SP3 and made a recovery drive on a drive I had. Should both of those be a good safety net just in case I need/want to jump back to 8.1?
You're safe bro. First time I tried 10074 and didn't like the bugs, going back to 8.1 took less than 5 mins and I didn't create any image or the likes. System handled it all by itself. But these build especially 162 I'd as good as finished. You'll love it.

I downloaded the MS release of the 10162 ISO off of the insider website last night, what are you waiting for?
Yeah, I went for it and am running it now. The only problem I'm running into so far is that it won't activate like others have said. So I guess I'll just ignore that and hope it gets resolved soon.

Any way to open images with the old image viewer instead of photos? If I use open with it just launches a photo print window. I dont want photos, just quick and simple image viewer and Photos slideshow sucks. What use is a slide show that I can't pause or skip picks etc without the slideshow exiting????

Any way to open images with the old image viewer instead of photos? If I use open with it just launches a photo print window. I dont want photos, just quick and simple image viewer and Photos slideshow sucks. What use is a slide show that I can't pause or skip picks etc without the slideshow exiting????

There's still open with "Windows Photo Viewer"

So you don't want this:
Screenshot (33).png

That's the old photo viewer, what are you looking for exactly? (don't mind the picture)

On 10162 and still have apps that will only start if online (Netflix etc).

People app still not starting at all, now giving some error message about OneDrive servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back