What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few of the posts in this thread concern me. Many of you can't wait to get the latest build, I have no problem with that. But I don't want to see a bunch of posts on the 29th or 3oth about how things aren't working as you expected because of how you installed Windows 10. If you are using the Insider site to get the updates, and that was the first and only way you have done it, you don't have a worry in the world when it comes time for the "final" roll-out. But if you haven't read this thread you may want to refresh your memory. http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/windows-10-upgrade-warning-concern.15739/

Of course you can always wait until the last minute. ;)

Meh. I've a whole year to sort it out if i need. Not that hard to install an 8.1 recovery image if needs be, and then just upgrade via Update.

What are you guys thinking of doing once the final release comes out? The way I see it, we have a few options.
1. Just get the final update via Windows Update and chug away.
2. Do a "Reset" to get a "Clean" base version.
3. Do a wipe and install fresh from an ISO.
4. (I'm not sure if this even matters, but..) Roll back all the way to 8.1 and then upgrade to the final version of 10.

Personally, I plan on #2.

How did you get that option? I didn't have anything to click for trying that. My 10162 isn't as cool I guess haha
When I clicked the on screen keyboard icon in the System Tray and the keyboard comes up, along the top where you can choice full keyboard, mini-keyboard, thumbs keyboard or hand writing, it also had "Use new keyboard".
It's been there going several builds back and I've tried it and gotten the old style back before, only now I don't remember how.

When I clicked the on screen keyboard icon in the System Tray and the keyboard comes up, along the top where you can choice full keyboard, mini-keyboard, thumbs keyboard or hand writing, it also had "Use new keyboard".
It's been there going several builds back and I've tried it and gotten the old style back before, only now I don't remember how.

Rather wih i could get this option. I cannot really foresee how it would be possible to make a keyboard worse than the curret one. To me this is one of the most impportant things MS need to sort out. I can type two handed on an android keyboard without an issue, and was able to do so from day 1. Yet a year in, no matter how hard i try, I can almost never type even a short centence without cocking it up, typically in the form of N/M instead of space. Sort it out MS, your keyboard is a joke! (yet things like numbers, ctrl shift etc are far superior than android etc, so why let it down over the space bar which i know infuriates many other than myself)

Sort it out MS, your keyboard is a joke!
QFT

Keyboard-settings.png

Try this setting: Devices -> Input -> OnScreenKeyboard

btw, it's only 36°C here, but the Pen holder which is glued to my Keyboardcover is starting to losen and sometimes falls off....
Is this due to age or due to heath?.... guess i should call the support and ask them to send me a new one :D

Yikes. I'm not sure I have your level of patience.
Fearing for what my future might hold, I decided to start from scratch (ugh). So I recovered my 8.1 install using the official MS recovery image, then went to the Insiders site to start the process of upgrading to 10. Now I'm on 10130 and waiting impatiently for 10162 to arrive.

Fearing for what my future might hold, I decided to start from scratch (ugh). So I recovered my 8.1 install using the official MS recovery image, then went to the Insiders site to start the process of upgrading to 10. Now I'm on 10130 and waiting impatiently for 10162 to arrive.
I downloaded the MS release of the 10162 ISO off of the insider website last night, what are you waiting for?

What are you guys thinking of doing once the final release comes out? The way I see it, we have a few options.
1. Just get the final update via Windows Update and chug away.
2. Do a "Reset" to get a "Clean" base version.
3. Do a wipe and install fresh from an ISO.
4. (I'm not sure if this even matters, but..) Roll back all the way to 8.1 and then upgrade to the final version of 10.

Personally, I plan on #2.

I'm going to do a clean install of whatever version we're on when RTM comes out, but plan to continue on the Insider Program, and keep getting the early builds.

The full on keyboard has been there since Windows 7 tablet edition.

I had to use it for getting out of the Project My Screen app on my SP1 where you had to hit the esc key to get out of full screen and the only way to access it was to swipe in from charms and toggle to that keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back