What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still on Build 10158, it works like a charm, nonetheless I would like to see those new updates available for me :) On SP3 all drivers work out of box and I haven't experienced any crashes so far

One thing I've noticed on 159... when just surfing, on IE, my SP3 always was pretty cool, just barely warm even. But now it runs even cooler.

everything is working great apart from a bitlocker error on my SSD. It says the PC doesn't support entering recovery password during start up.

Not too bothered about it though. Think I messed up some of the partitions on the SSD. Hopefully Microsoft will up an official restore ISO for SP3's on or near Win 10 release so I can let it partition my drive correctly

Well this is weird, Windows update showed 10162 available, I started download it, got an error. Now it says Windows is up to date and doesn't show it any more.....

Guess I'll try again in a few....

everything is working great apart from a bitlocker error on my SSD. It says the PC doesn't support entering recovery password during start up.

Not too bothered about it though. Think I messed up some of the partitions on the SSD. Hopefully Microsoft will up an official restore ISO for SP3's on or near Win 10 release so I can let it partition my drive correctly
I believe you may have to first upgrade a valid Win8.1 or a Win10TP that was upgraded from a valid Win8 to Win10 for it to prove you are upgrading a valid OS to be Activated. The OS is linked to your hardware and your MS account. Once you have a valid activated Win10 you can then restore clean from an ISO.

I too portioned my 256GB SSD to try Win10TP, I have a 200GB partition with Win8.1 and a 50GB one for Win10TP. When Win10 consumer release is out I will upgrade my Win8.1 and then reformat the 50GB partition and use that to documents or backups.
I've been told (previously on this forum) that my Insider status is linked to my MS account, so I should be able to continue to receive update in the fast tract.

A few of the posts in this thread concern me. Many of you can't wait to get the latest build, I have no problem with that. But I don't want to see a bunch of posts on the 29th or 3oth about how things aren't working as you expected because of how you installed Windows 10. If you are using the Insider site to get the updates, and that was the first and only way you have done it, you don't have a worry in the world when it comes time for the "final" roll-out. But if you haven't read this thread you may want to refresh your memory. http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/windows-10-upgrade-warning-concern.15739/

Of course you can always wait until the last minute. ;)

btw, when did they add a full scale onscreen keyboard? 159 ? 162 ?

Keyboard-full.png

(oh yeah, and i had a huge hassle this time to get my keyboard layout back from qwety to z ~.~ had to delete english and readd it)

Okay, my first "real problem". I was getting a notice every once in a while about my microsoft account needing attention. Everything seemed to work so I didn't do anything.

Today I figured I'd take a look into it. Anyway, I ended up removing my Microsoft account from my login profile. Now I cannot add it back. Go through the prompts, no errors, but no account added. Rebooted, tried again, same thing. No error, but no account.

Any ideas?

btw, when did they add a full scale onscreen keyboard? 159 ? 162 ?

View attachment 6367

(oh yeah, and i had a huge hassle this time to get my keyboard layout back from qwety to z ~.~ had to delete english and readd it)
I clicked on the Try New Keyboard and now I don't know how to get back the old keyboard (which I think I like better).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back