What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris

Ran 10125 up the flagpole just for the hell of it. For me at least it's running smooth and fast. Looks much better than 10122 as well. Installed piece of cake.

** Caveat, pen doesn't seem to ink at all.
did you upgrade or clean install? Every time I tried it the startmenu, touch keyboard, pretty much the entire taskbar wouldn't work.

MassDude

7. System firmware update 5/14/2015 keeps failing to install.
8. System firmware update 5/14/2015 finally installs (installed twice now) but still keeps reappearing
Yeah, what's up with that? I think I have 'installed' the 5/14/2015 firmware update maybe 5 times, plus two additional failures. Really getting tired of seeing the !@#$ System Firmware Update 5/14/2015 keep showing up in Updates!

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Again, just wondering who here is on 10122 following an update path using the fixes posted earlier, or those who did a completely clean install of 10074 and then updated?

tarrant64

Update with fixes then to 10122. This newer build is pretty unstable for me. I felt comfortable on the last one but every other hour start button stops working, wifi stops, just sporadic things I did not experience.

Unfortunately I did not take the sign that when most of us couldn't update to 10122 on day one, it was for good reason lol.

It's usable, just more unstable to me personally. Don't like it.

Plus my start screen icons are all jacked up, huge and blurry. Can't seem to fix it but stopped searching days ago.

mitchellvii

I clean installed 10125 and it installed fast and seems to run very well. Looks much better than 10122 IMHO and no issues other than the pen not working (lol, they always break something). No reboot or wifi issues. Am really liking the jump list animations (now if they would just add those to Start Menu tiles). The "Recently Added" alphabetical animation in "All apps" is very cool and useful.

If you really want the colors to look gorgeous, crank the gamma down in advanced desktop settings. Blacks become like ink.

*Still getting lots of fan for no apparent reason, but oh well.

Last edited:

Kris

I clean installed 10125 and it installed fast and seems to run very well. Looks much better 10122 IMHO and no issues other than the pen not working (lol, they always break something). No reboot or wifi issues.

*Still getting lots of fan for no apparent reason, but oh well.
Must have gotten a different ISO then I did, may I ask where you got it? I tried several times and could not get it to work after first reboot. Hearing you got it to work makes me want to try it again but just got my network working again with1 10074, I won't touch 10122 again.

mitchellvii

Must have gotten a different ISO then I did, may I ask where you got it? I tried several times and could not get it to work after first reboot. Hearing you got it to work makes me want to try it again but just got my network working again with1 10074, I won't touch 10122 again.

Got the x64 build from the link here: http://microsoft-news.com/windows-10-build-10125-leaked-online-download-the-iso-now/

So far really enjoying this build (if you don't need the pen). My only network I use is my home network so no idea how anything more complex will work.

Kris

Damn same site I got mine from and I need the pen, use it in OneNote a lot. Wonder why it works for you and goes totally FUBAR on me. Does the pen totally not work? Two side buttons or top button?

pbaird

Again, just wondering who here is on 10122 following an update path using the fixes posted earlier, or those who did a completely clean install of 10074 and then updated?

I started with a clean 8.1, then added my apps and data. Upgraded to 10074 using the ISO from the insider page, then immediately used update to upgrade to 10122. So far this is the best build for me - its amazing how different the experiences here are.

Status
Not open for further replies.