What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

Yes, at install I formatted the primary partition it was going on.and started as new. No backup. Does this count?

Are you not getting black picture passwords? I am using one from my one of my synced Onedrive folders.

I don't use picture passwords.

riley2323

Again, just wondering who here is on 10122 following an update path using the fixes posted earlier, or those who did a completely clean install of 10074 and then updated?
I did the fixes, but it still would not update. Woke-up 24-48 hours later to a scan/check disk job running, and then next thing I knew the OS upgrade properly, and not getting stuck at the 18/62 point.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Huh, my pen isn't working. Suggested solution? Don't want to redo this whole mess.

Inking not working, or pen purple button not working?

Back with Windows 8.1, I suffered from the inking not working. Tried everything but removing the display and drivers. That fixed me up straightaway.

EMINENT

Woke from sleep and no WiFi. Check adapter and it's disabled. Enable and icon still shows disabled. Go to driver tab and no driver is found. Lol!

Kris

reinstalled the same way and everything is working perfectly on 10125.... Way better than 10122. So much faster...

Kris

My pen stopped working when I plugged in a mouse and or keyboard. Could be the surface cover, just a guess since I don't have one.
A restart fixed it.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
GET YOUR APP UPDATES

I noticed that some Apps were not updating from the Store (beta) on Windows 10 Preview Builds, even after selecting "Downoads".
After running this command, they all came in.
Code:
%comspec% /c start ms-windows-store:updates

(Note: I also have a shortcut created for this command.)

Status
Not open for further replies.